Chapter 13

There it was. Right there. An extraterrestrial. An alien. It dosen't look like an alien at the moment, but it is. Standing right in front of me. And I didn't do anything. All I could was stare.

"Sorry." It mumbles to me as it starts to walk away.

No! I can't let it run away.

I run and stand in front of the "man". He looks at me confused. "I'm sorry, it was my fault. Just, you know, texting." I say.

He nods. "Yeah, it's fine. Umm, I gotta go..."

"But-" I start to say but he walks away.

Ugh! What am I gonna do? I pick up the tracker just incase I lose the Skrull. I sneakily follow the Skrull. It keeps looking back, it probably knows someone's following it.

"Natasha, I'm following the Skrull now. It's in my sight. I need you to help me." I whisper to Natasha through my earpiece.

'What do you need help with?' She asks as I turn right, still following the Skrull.

"A plan." I reply.

'Alright...Umm. I know, let's corner it.' She says.

"But where? People are gonna see us." I whisper.

'I don't know. An alley?' She says.

"Alright, I'll try and find one." I tell her.

'Where are you?' She asks me.

"Umm..." I look around for any sign of the place I'm in. Then I spot a sign. "Oh, I'm in 59th street." I whisper.

'Okay, I'll be there as soon as I can.' She says.

I look in front of me and then I see feet. I'm crouched down beside a garbage can. I stand up slowly. And then I see the Skrull I bumped into earlier. The one I was following. It must've noticed.

"Uh, hi. Again." I say, nervous about what's gonna happen next.

"Why are you following me?" It asks.

"I'm not following you," I say with a chuckle. "I'm just, trying to find...a pizzeria...somewhere."

"There's one right behind you." He says with an eyebrow raised.

I look back and sure enough there's a pizzeria.

"Oh, well silly me," I say as I turn back around, to nothing. It's gone. I'm not talking to anyone anymore. The Skrull's gone.

Shoot! I lost it! I look back at my tracker. There's a red light flashing. Good, it's still near me. I look up and then I see a man in a beige coat, pants and hat run forward. There it is, the Skrull.

I run forward. I run and run and run. Not letting the Skrull out of my sight. Come on! Run faster!

I see it run in an alley. Perfect. I run into that alley, but I don't see anyone. It's just dark. Then I hear shouting. I run and then stop when I see Natasha choking the Skrull.

She brings it up against the wall. It's trying to gasp for air, but can't.

"P-please. L-let m-" it try's to say.

"I know what you are." She says.

"Pl-please..." It says but then gives up in trying and closes it's eyes.

Natasha let's go and the Skrull falls on the concrete floor. I walk over to it and check for breathing. I get back up and turn to Natasha.

"It's still alive." I say.

"Good. We need it alive." She says. "Nick, we caught the Skrull. It's unconscious."

'Stark is going to join you to get the Skrull. Go up to the roof of the building, we'll meet you there.' Nick says.

We wait until Stark comes flying down to us. "Good job guys, although I could've done better." He says.

I roll my eyes and Natasha says, "Yeah right."

Iron Man picks up the Skrull and goes to the roof of the building. Natasha and I have to take the stairs inside the building. When we get to the roof, the rest of the Avengers are already there.

When Steve sees Natasha, he gives her a tight hug. Then, sudden wind comes and I know the Helicarrier is here. Clint walks in first and then the rest of us follow.

We meet Nick there and he tells Natasha and I that we did a good job.

"What about me?" Tony says.

"You weren't the one who caught the Skrull." Nick says.

"But I tried to."

"And unfortunately, you didn't. So too bad." Nick says.

Tony rolls his eyes and I chuckle.

"What are you going to do with the Skrull?" Bruce asks.

"Get answers." Nick replies.

Authors Note:

Hey guys, I think this is my shortest chapter yet but I promise the next ones will be longer. Please comment vote and share. Thank you!!!!