Chapter 6

We were driving to God-knows-where. I kept asking Nick where we were going, but he didn't tell me. He drove pretty fast. I looked back at Thomas, who was in the back of the car, he was holding onto the chair and he looked sick.

"Nick, can you slow down a bit? It looks like we are going to have an accident." I said looking at Thomas.

"No accidents! Do you hear me?" Nick said to Thomas.

"I'll try, sir." He managed to say.

After about five minutes of begging Nick to slow down, he finally did.

"So Nick, mind telling us what you need our help for?" I asked.

"No, not yet." He said. I sighed.

I opened the window to get some fresh air. It felt good.

"How much longer 'till we get there?" I whined like a little kid.

"About half an hour." He replied. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked slowly, gritting my teeth.

"You heard me, half an hour." Nick said. "So, what's the boys powers?"

"If you really want to know, then tell us what you need us for." I said.

"Never mind then, I'll just wait." He said.

I sighed loudly in frustration. "Are you kidding me? Just tell us already! Why do we have to wait?"

"Because I bailed you outta jail." He said.

I nodded. "Fair enough." I looked back at Thomas. He was sleeping. I looked back at Nick. "Are there showers where we're going?" I ask him.

He nods, "Yes."

I looked out the window. Suddenly, my eyelids felt heavy and I fell asleep.

______

"Savannah, wake up. We're here." I blinked several times. Nick was shaking me to get up. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. I woke up Thomas.

"We're here?" He asked me rubbing his eyes.

I nodded. " How was your nap?" I asked him.

"Best nap I've had since I was a kid." He smiled. He got out of the car and when we saw where we were, we frowned.

We were at a dock. The Pacific Ocean was in front of us before our very eyes. Nick was standing with his hands behind his back and was looking at the water.

"You bailed us out, to go here? A dock?" I asked furiously.

"Yes, and no." He answered.

"What does that mean?" I asked.

"We had to come here because this is where I parked." Nick said.

"Parked? Parked what? I don't see any boat or ship." I said looking out at the water.

"That's because it's invisible." He said smiling.

"Invisible?" I asked him who was getting under my skin.

"What's invisible?" Asked Thomas.

"The Helicarrier." Nick said.

"What's the Helicarrier?" I asked.

"It's S.H.I.E.L.D's Headquarters." He replied. Then he put a finger to his ear and spoke. "Agent Hill, we're here."

Agent Hill? Who's that? I lookedat Thomas with eyebrows raised. He shrugged.

Then, all of a sudden, a big gigantic ship came out of hiding. It was now visible. It was parked at the dock.

"Woah." I said staring at the Helicarrier.

"Yup, she's a beauty." Nick looked back at me and Thomas. "Well, come on then."

He started walking towards the Helicarrier. Thomas and I looked at each other and followed him. When we were on the Helicarrier, there was a bunch of people on board. Some strapping the vehicles to the ground. I looked to Nick.

"Why are they strapping the vehicles down to the ground?" I asked him.

"Because we're going to fly now." He said walking inside the Helicarrier.

"Fly?" I whispered to myself. I followed him with Thomas beside me.

When we got inside, it looked like a whole different place. There were computers all around. Each person had their own.

"Who are these people?" I ask Nick.

"Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." He replies.

"S.H.I.E.L.D has agents?" He nodded.

A lady came to Nick. She had brown shiny hair tied up into a painful bun. She wore the same clothing as everyone else in the room did. She looked at me and Thomas, then back at Nick.

"Sir, are we ready to fly?" She asks.

"Yes. Savannah, Thomas, this is Agent Maria Hill. Agent Hill, this is Savannah and Thomas." Nick introduces.

"Hi." Agent Hill says to us. We wave, and she walks away.

"So, why are we here again, Nick?" I ask him.

He looks at me and Thomas. "You two are going to become agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." He said smiling.

______

"Savannah, I will need you for an hour." Nick says. He puts his finger to his ear. "Agent Hill, mind showing Thomas around the Helicarrier? Oh, before that, take him to the shower."

Agent Hill came just seconds later. "Ready Thomas?" She asked him. He nodded. Then he turned to me and smiled. "See you later."

I waved. Then he and Agent Hill left. Nick started walking and I caught up to him. "So where are you taking me?" I ask.

"To meet some people." He replies.

I looked confused. "Why me? Why didn't Thomas come? He is an agent now." I said.

"Because, your not just going to become an agent, Savannah. No, your going to become more than that."

I was more confused than ever. "What do you mean?"

But soon, we were in a room. A room with people. Not just people, but famous people. We were in a room with the Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Then I knew what Nick meant. He meant that I'm not only going to be an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D, but an Avenger.