Chapter 5

"What?" I asked not believing him.

"I said I'm going to bail you out." He said.

"Why? I don't even know you." I said still shocked.

"Oh, but I know you." He said.

I raised an eyebrow. "You know me?" I repeated.

He nods. "I know everything about you."

I shake my head, "I don't believe you."

He nods, "Yes, people tend to say that to me, more people usually don't trust me."

"I don't trust you." I say quickly before he even finishes his sentence.

"Told you. But I'm not lying to you Savannah." There was some look in his eye telling me he can be trusted, but I don't.

"Who are you" I ask him.

"I am Nick Fury Director of S.H.I.E.L.D." He says happily.

"S.H.I.E.L.D? What's that?" I ask.

"It stands for: Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division. S.H.I.E.L.D." He explains.

"So it's an acronym," I say. Nick nods. "You still haven't told me why your going to bail me out."

"Because we need your help, Savannah." He says.

"'We'? Who's we?" I ask.

"You'll find out sooner or later." Nick says.

"No, I want to know now. Tell me, who's 'we'." I demanded.

"Look, I'm bailing you out of here, isn't that enough? You just have to be patient." He says.

"I want to know now." I repeated.

He ignored me. "Fine, if your not going to be grateful about what I'm doing for you, I just won't bail you out. Just know, I'm not coming back again." Nick turned his back to leave.

Maybe I should go with him. I mean, it's not like I'm going to get another opportunity again, right? If someone going to bail me out - even if I don't know him - I should take advantage.

"Wait! Come back!" I called after him.

After a few seconds, Nick came back to my cell.

"Yes?" He asks smiling.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, I'll come with you." I said.

He clapped his hands. "Great! I'm going to go get someone to open this cell, I'll be right back." He leaves.

I look behind me after I hear a thump.

"Oh hey Baldy." I say smiling.

"Don't call me that." He says.

"Guess what?"

He dosen't answer, just stands there. "I'm leaving!" I say jumping around.

He looks at me, eyes widened. "What do you mean by leaving?" He asks.

"I mean, I'm leaving. Here, jail. Isn't that great?" I say. He gives me a dark look. "Oh, well it's great for me! Not for you of course."

Nick comes back with a cop. He unlocks the lock on my cell and I walk out. The cop locks it and walks away. I look back.

"See yah, loser!" I say to Baldy. He just stares at me.

I walk away with Nick when I hear someone speak. "Aren't you going to say goodbye?"

I look back and see Tom. I run to him. "I'm sorry Tom, I forgot-"

He shakes his head. "No, it's fine. Go, Nick Fury's waiting for you." He smiles.

I look at Nick, then back at Thomas. "No, I promised I wouldn't leave you. That your not alone." Then I remembered the nightmare he told me about. His friend leaving him. That friend is me.

"Let's go, Savannah." Nick says.

I look at Tom. "I'm not going to leave you here." I whispered to him. "Nick! Come here." I ordered.

He came to me. "Yes?"

"If I'm going to go with you, you have to bail Thomas here out also." I demanded.

Nick raises his eyebrow. "No way. I came here to get you out, not any of your friends-"

"But I promised him! I promised I wouldn't leave him! And that's not going to happen!" I shout at him.

"No, Savannah go. It's not worth it, paying money to get me-" Thomas explains but I cut him off.

"No, Tom. When I make a promise, I keep it." I say smiling to him.

I look back at Nick. "Please Nick. If you want me to help you with whatever you want me to, I promise, he can help to. He has great powers. I promise, he will help. Trust me." I say.

He stares at me, then sighs. "Fine, but you better be good help." He says directly to Thomas.

Thomas nods. "I won't let you down, sir."

Nick goes to bail Thomas out. When the cop comes to unlock the lock, Thomas gets up and hugs me. I hug him back.

"Thank you Savannah, your the best friend I never had," He let's go and turn to Nick. "Thank you too, sir."

Nick nods and we walk outside jail. We are free, and I'm never going back there ever again.