With that in mind, I ran back to my house in a hurry to grab my car keys. I was done waiting for the perfect guy to come rescue me; it was time for me to take control.

I looked at Poppy’s house looming over me as my courage from earlier evaporated slowly. I didn’t know if I could actually do what I was planning to, but I knew it had to be done. I took a deep breath and looked down at the steering wheel. “Don’t be a coward Chas,” I whispered. “You aren’t in eighth grade anymore, Poppy isn’t the devil, you can do this.” With a new resolve I shut off the car and got out. I tried my best to look strong and determined but inside I was freaking out.

What if she hurts me? I can’t throw a punch.

Do you know how ridiculous you sound?

What if she tries to brutally murder me?

You’re insane.

Well so is she, she could hang me by my thumbs until I take it back.

Okay now you’re just making things up.

I wouldn’t put it past her.

Just shut up, grow a pair of lady balls, and do it already!

I had reached her door a while ago and stood there with my finger over the doorbell. That last thought had forced my hand and the sound of my imminent death echoed through the most likely empty halls of Poppy’s parent’s estate in the form of a three toned chime. “Chas? What are you doing here?” Poppy asked as she answered the door.

“I-uh…I need to uh…tell you something…” I said unsurely. Crap, I thought. This new beginning was already off to a bad start.

“Okay what,” Poppy asked cheerfully. Wait she’s happy! If she’s happy it must mean she and Chase are together! No this isn’t good, just leave! Leave before it’s too late! Unfortunately, my body stayed rooted to the spot even after the initial warning from my brain.

So there I was, on Poppy’s doorstep, gaping like a retarded fish. “Chas are you all right?” she asked after a long and uncomfortable silence.

“Uh huh yeah fine,” I said. God what is wrong with you? I asked myself.

“Okay so what did you want to-“

“I like Chase!” I shouted, interrupting her mid sentence. Her smile turned into a scowl faster than the speed of light.

“It was you,” she growled as she put something together in her head.

“I’m confused, what was me?” I asked her.

“You!” she shouted. “You’re the reason Chase wouldn’t ask me out!”

“What are you talking about?” I asked in disbelief. “Chase doesn’t even see me as more than a friend!”

“Of course he does, it all makes sense now,” she said vaguely. “You know he told me that there was another girl who confessed how she felt for him and he wasn’t sure how he felt about it, but never in a million years did I think it would be you.” My eyes widened in horror as her scowl became an evil smirk that was filled to the brim with anger.

“Poppy I swear-“ I started to say but she interrupted me before I could finish.

“Don’t even try!” she shouted, the anger taking control of her entire body. “I thought you were my friend Chastity! How could you do this to me!?”

“Poppy I’m not going to date him rela-“

“Oh no don’t you tell me to relax!” she yelled at me. “Go ahead and date Chase for all I care, but I swear to God Chastity Hanford, it may not be today, or tomorrow, or the next day, or even in the next twenty years, but I will find you and Chase wherever you are, no matter what it takes! Believe me when I say this because I am a girl of my word. I will find you and I will kill you both.” She slammed the door before I could respond and now there was only one thing left for me to do: find Chase.

Once again it took a while for me to get up my courage, and after a threat like that who could blame me? I knew that Poppy would never forgive me, after all she was the type to hold a grudge, but I knew that even she wouldn’t be able to forgive me. Once again I got out of the car and I couldn’t shake the feeling that someone was watching me. I had felt it ever since I had left my house but now it was even stronger. Probably because you’re afraid of Poppy jumping out of a bush and slitting your throat, my scumbag of a brain told me.

I got to Chase’s door faster than I had Poppy’s, as I knew Chase wouldn’t be nearly as scary. When he answered the door shirtless, however, I knew I would have just as hard a time. “Oh uh Chas, hey,” he said awkwardly.

“Uh h-hi,” I stuttered while staring at his flat stomach and slight four pack. “I er had um something to ah tell you.”

“No you’ve said enough,” he said. I panicked for a second as I thought I wouldn’t be given the chance to say what I felt. “It’s my turn,” he finished. “Look I shouldn’t have walked away like that but I need you to know that I feel really bad about it I was just in shock.”

“Yeah I now because you don’t feel the same, I get it I do,” I said dejectedly.

“Chas, let me finish,” he said sternly. “I was in shock because I didn’t think that in a million years you would ever like me in the way that I liked you.”

“What?” I asked in pure disbelief. This isn’t happening oh my God this can’t be happening.

“Do I really need to repeat it?” he asked with a slight chuckle in his voice. Too shocked to say anything, I barely nodded and he let out a hearty laugh. “I like you,” he said slowly and clearly.

“I l-like you too,” I replied, stuttering lightly.

“Well no shit,” he laughed. “I’m pretty sure the whole school knows.”

“Oh God, don’t remind me,” I groaned and rested my head on his shoulder. He enveloped me into his warm embrace and after a second of just holding each other I looked up at him. “So what now?” I asked.

“Chas, will you be my girlfriend?” he asked and then added “for real this time” after it.

I grinned like an idiot and answered him. “No shit Sherlock.”

**Kayla**

Honestly, I knew it was coming, but knowing that something’s coming and seeing it before your eyes for the second time are two completely different things. I watched Chastity and Chase make their way into his house from my hiding place across the street and cursed to myself. “Stupid mother f*cking idiot! You let it happen again!” I smacked my hand to my forehead and slumped to the ground in exasperation. Poppy was going to get her revenge and all that we were fighting for, the reason I was here would be for nothing. The months and months of planning were nothing but useless now. “Damn it!” I shouted to the sky. It was over; we were all dead.

DUN DUN DUUUUUN

Acknowledgements will be in the next chapter. I can't believe it's over, I really can't. To Karrie and Lem for being here! Comment and vote it's the last chance you'll get. I love you guys and thanks for all the support.