Chapter 13

We continued watching Scrubs until his mom got home around six, and offered to let me stay for dinner. “I’d love to Mrs. Michaels, but I should probably get back home, my parents are going to be so mad at me,” I politely declined.

“Oh that’s okay sweetie, you’re practically family, even more so now, just remember that you’re always welcome here,” she smiled and showed me out the door. I got into my car reluctantly and drove home. As much as I loved Kayla, I didn’t want to be a burden to her family, and rules were always tighter when her dad was home. When I pulled into my driveway, I saw my dad peeking out at me through the window, but my mom’s car was gone. In its place, was Poppy’s, which I found even stranger.

“Hello?” I asked as I walked into the house. At the table were Poppy, my dad, her mom, and Mickayla. “What’s going on here? Is this some kind of intervention? Because, I’m not on drugs.”

“Relax Chas, your dad called us over,” Poppy said soothingly.

“I got a call from the gay one’s mother,” my dad grumbled.

“For the last time he’s not gay!” I shouted.

“Wait, hold on, Mr. H, you think Chase is gay?” Poppy asked incredulously as she tried to hold back her giggles.

“No straight boy can dance like that,” he grumbled.

“Damn it, dad. Not all guy dancers are gay!” I exclaimed.

“Watch your language!” my father scolded me. “Now, the reason that we’re all here, is because, well, since you won’t listen to your mother, whom I asked to come for just this purpose, and I’m not very well educated…” he trailed off as the conversation became awkward.

“Wait, you brought mom here? Why would you do that?” I asked.

“Hold on Mr. H, I’ve got this,” Kayla grinned and put on her parental voice. “Chas, you’re sixteen now and you are in your first serious relationship and well…it’s time we had the talk.”

“Oh dear lord Jesus Christ,” I groaned. “I know, don’t get pregnant, use protection, and blah blah blah.”

“Chas, in all seriousness, you should know,” Poppy chimed in.

“I know how not to get pregnant, Poppy,” I grimaced.

“Just remember that you’ll get really horny on your period, and I mean really horny, but once it’s over, you’ll regret it big time,” Kayla instructed me.

“Okay, I’ve had enough, can we please eat or something I’m starving,” I groaned in a desperate attempt to change the subject.

“This conversation isn’t over Chastity!” My dad yelled. “Now sit down and let them talk to you!” So Kayla, Poppy and I were thrust into a very awkward, hour-long sex talk. When they were done, my dad gave me fifty bucks, and said we could treat ourselves to whatever we wanted, so long as we were out of the house.

“Let’s get Chase, Nate and Ricky and we can go to Poppy’s house and party!” Kayla suggested as soon as we were in Poppy’s fancy sport’s car.

“It’s the middle of the week Kayla,” I sighed.

“So? I’m in the mood to party, and your parents aren’t home, right Pops?” Kayla asked.

“No…” Poppy grimaced.

“Then let’s do it! C’mon, please? I wanna get plastered!” I smacked my forehead into my palm.

“Fine Kayla,” Poppy chuckled as we pulled into her driveway. Kayla got out her phone and texted the guys. When they got there, we were sitting in the TV room of Poppy’s basement, and had snacks all around.