Chapter 15

Chastity

I had woken up the next day with an ear splitting headache. When I cracked my eyelids open a tiny bit, the little ray of light that penetrated my vision, acted like a laser burning through my eyes. I quickly shut them and groaned. “Chas? Are you awake?” Chase yelled in my ear.

“Sh sh sh sh shhhhhhh,” I shushed him animatedly. “No yelling,” I whispered.

“But I’m not—,” he said before I cut him off with another ‘shush’. I rolled over and made contact with his chest, and a ripple of immense pain was sent through my head.

“Ugh,” I groaned.

“Chas, please I need you to get up,” he begged me.

“Stop yelling,” I whispered again.

“Ah f*ck, you’re hung over…too bad,” I felt him get up and step over me. He grabbed my torso and lifted me off of the couch before he gently placed me on the ground. “Get dressed, we have school.” Once again, I opened my eyes for a millisecond before I closed them again in pain.

“It hurts,” I groaned.

“You have to get ready for school, you can’t very well go in your underwear,” Chase said.

“Underwear?” I mumbled before I slowly opened my eyes fully. “Why am I in my underwear?” I asked him.

“You don’t remember?” he asked me back. I sat up and shook my head no. “Well neither do I,” he shrugged.

I gasped, “You don’t think we…”

“No, no we definitely didn’t,” he said, “but something happened yesterday, I know that much.”

My headache long forgotten, I realized that I was, in fact, in my underwear, right in front of Chase. I blushed and Chase, seeing my flushed expression, tinged pink as well. We were both very awkwardly standing there, when Kayla stumbled out of the other room. We both turned to look at her at the same time. “How’s it going party people?” she shouted and brought my headache back.

“Ow,” I groaned and rubbed my head. She was wearing a guy’s button down shirt, and while I was wondering where she got it from, Ricky followed her into the room shirtless.

“Uh, Kay?” he asked. “Are you still drunk?”

“I’m not as think as you drunk I am,” she giggled and hiccupped.

“Maybe we shouldn’t have brought that with us last night,” Ricky mumbled and nodded to the empty bottle that Kayla held in her hand.

“You’re an idiot,” Chase chuckled. “I don’t think Kayla’s going to be surrendering your shirt any time soon,” he noted.

“True…how about I ransack Poppy’s dad’s closet?” he asked. “You think she’d kill me?”

“Just take my sweatshirt,” Chase suggested. “If I can find it,” he added on and searched around the room. I used this opportunity to race up to Poppy’s room in an effort to possibly steal her clothes before she woke up. Her door was ajar, and I poked it open gently. Poppy was nowhere to be seen, and Nate was sprawled across her bed in only his boxers. I tiptoed into her room, careful not to wake him up, and stepped into her walk in closet. I needed to find an outfit that she wouldn’t think was hers. I settled on a pair of jeans and a plain white long sleeved shirt. I was about to put on the shirt when the closet door opened and there was Nate.

“Ah!” I shrieked and covered the top half of my body.

“Chas?” he asked. “What are you doing in here? And where’s Poppy?”