Chapter 26

After Chase, Kayla and I got back home, I looked at life with a new perspective. No, I didn’t get back together with Wyatt, but I realized how much I had been over reacting about the whole thing. Wyatt had only been a summer fling, and looking back on it, him cheating on me just didn’t hurt me at all anymore. I was finally free of the burden I had thrust upon myself, and it felt good.

The break went by rather slowly, and when we finally got back to school, I realized that it was a new semester and that everyone’s lunch periods had gotten switched around. Mine had stayed the same, but for the first few weeks, I didn’t have anyone to sit with. Eventually I had made new friends and over the course of a week or two, I had started to change. I became less of a weakling and opened up a lot more. Chase and I ended our fake relationship when the unthinkable happened.

“ROBBY HAS A WHAT NOW?” I shouted at Poppy. The two or three other people in the hallway heard me but I was in too much shock to care.

“Yup, a girlfriend, like and actual living, breathing human girl,” Poppy explained. “I was just as shocked when I found out.”

“But, he’s so creepy!” I shouted.

“You’re lying to us,” Chase said in disbelief.

“Nope, it’s even Facebook official, I’ll show you.” Poppy took her phone out of her pocket and pulled up Robby’s Facebook profile. “See, Robby is in a relationship with Giana Heights,” Poppy said. I was gaping like a fish and had to blink multiple times before I realized that what I saw before me was the truth.

“Wow,” was all that I could say.

“I don’t believe it,” Chase whispered. “I mean, I know it’s true, but I didn’t think he could actually do it.”

“Well looks like we know what this means,” I said, turning to Chase with the biggest grin on my face.

He smirked and turned to me, “guess so.”

“Wait, I’m confused, what does it mean?” Poppy asked.

We ignored her and Chase asked me, “do you want to do it, or should I?”

“I dunno, I guess you can if you want, we can just say it was a pretty mutual decision,” I shrugged.

“What are you two going on about?” Poppy asked loudly.

“You do the honors,” Chase told me.

“Haha okay, Chase Michaels, will you break up with me?” I asked.

“You know what? I think I will!” he smirked.

“Freedom at last!” I sighed in relief.

“What the f*ck just happened?” Poppy asked, completely bewildered. “Did you two just break up? Just like that?”

“Yup, pretty much,” I shrugged.

“B-but why?” Poppy asked.

“Because, we don’t have to date anymore,” Chase explained. “Robby has a girlfriend, and he isn’t going to stalk Chas anymore. Therefore, my services are no longer required.”

“So you were only dating so that Robby would leave you alone?” Poppy asked me.

“Yeah,” I said. “Chase and I are too close to actually have a real relationship.”

“Definitely, it’d be weird,” Chase agreed. “It’s been weird the entire time.”

“And when were you planning on telling me?” Poppy screeched. “I’m your best friend Chas! What is this bull shit?” She did her best to seem angry, but her laughter gave her away big time.