Chapter 22

READ THE AUTHOR'S NOT E AT THE BOTTOM!!!! EVERYONE!!!

“Why is everything happening to me today?” I groaned, as the shadows loomed closer. “Alright, I’m going to make this very clear, I am not a hooker, I have no money, and I know how to kill you and get away with it.”

            “Uh huh…” one of the men said questioningly. As they got into the light, I realized the one speaking was only around eighteen or nineteen, short, and so skinny he couldn’t swat a fly without breaking an arm. The other guy, was a bit taller and had only a little muscle, to be honest, neither one was very intimidating.

            “Oh wow, next time you guys wanna play rapist for the night, try to look a bit tougher, seriously,” I snorted.

            “Now you shouldn’t be talking like that,” the bigger one said. “You’re pretty defenseless here alone, and with no weapons to protect you.”

            “Hun, have you seen the heels I’m wearing? Clearly you are mistaken,” I slurred.

            “Oh baby, don’t be like that,” Gigantor, as I had nicknamed the larger one, said.

            “Like I said, I have five inch heels, you stand no chance,” I chuckled dryly.

            “No need to get snappy with us,” Gigantor laughed. “We were just having a bit of fun.”

            “Oh really? Your idea of fun is going out at night scaring drunk girls? Wow what great morals you have,” I retorted.

            “Wait what?” The smaller one, I had settled on the nickname Short Stop for him, asked. “Oh don’t mind my jackass of a brother. He was just trying to be funny.”

            “I am not a jackass!” the bigger one said as he defended himself.

            “I’m gonna have to go with Short Stop on that one,” I said lightly.

            “What did you just call me?” Short Stop asked, his brow wrinkled in confusion.

            “Oh well I don’t know your names so I nicknamed you,” I shrugged. “So, if you weren’t trying to scare me, what were you doing?”

            “Oh well, I’m Liam,” Short Stop said.

            “And I’m Brian,” Gigantor added on after his brother. “We were just walking around, you know bored and shit-“

            “And my jackass of a brother thought it’d be funny to scare you,” Liam finished. “I was a-against it,” he tacked on quickly.

            “Please, you were all for it,” Brian snorted as he turned to his brother.

            “Was not!” Liam protested. “I wasn’t, I swear,” he told me.

            “Face it Liam, this girl is way out of your league, no way in hell are you getting laid, no matter how much you try and make yourself seem like the good guy,” Brian chortled.

            “That was not what I was doing!” he shouted and shoved his brother.

            “Now I on the other hand,” Brian continued. “Stand a much better chance, am I right?” he asked me and winked. I held back a chuckle at their little banter and looked back and forth between them.