Chapter 23

“Well…I don’t really know how to say this…but, I did just drive two and a half hours and I had to stop for gas at least twice…” Chase explained with a smirk on his face.

            I sighed, “how much?”

            “I’m just kidding Chas, you don’t need to pay for gas,” Chase said as he pulled away from the curb and kept driving. “But I do want to know, what happened tonight? You seemed really frantic over the phone. Did one of those guys do something? Was it Kayla? What happened?”

            “Okay calm down and breathe!” I commanded him. Chase took in a huge breath, held it of a while, and when he finally let it out he shook his entire body for effect. “It really isn’t that hard to figure out,” I added on after Chase’s big spectacle.

            “Then enlighten me Chas, what happened?” Chase said with a light chuckle behind his serious tone of voice.

            “Well, it’s Denver and Kayla kind of found Wyatt,” I sighed. “And then she dragged me to a club with him and he got me in the back room and tried to convince me to kiss him.”

            “He what?” Chase asked outraged. “What did he do? Where did he touch you?”

            “Calm your pants!” I told him. To be honest, the sudden outrage that Chase showed me then freaked me out and I was afraid he would make us crash.

            “I’m sorry,” he said as he calmed himself. “It’s just that I’m your best friend, you’re like my little sister sometimes.”

            “Thanks, now as I was saying, he had put up a mistletoe and brought up all of these memories that I couldn’t take it and I ran out of the room. Kayla had been drinking and didn’t want to risk a crash and I was in mid cry so I ran out of the club, grabbed my coat and called you,” I told him, summarizing the events of the day. “Oh and did I mention that he’s moving to the springs?”

            Chase slammed on the brakes and stared out the windshield. “He’s what?” he asked with a clenched jaw.

            “Chase! What’s with you tonight?” I asked as I ignored his redundancy. “Maybe I should be the one driving.”

            “No, I’m fine,” Chase said as he resumed driving.

            “Are you sure?” I asked. Chase ignored me and focused on the road ahead of him for a while. I sat in the passenger’s seat and played with my thumbs for a bit. I looked impatiently from my hands, to the clock, then back to my hands.

            “We aren’t going home yet,” Chase finally said.

            “What do you mean?” I asked him as I looked up from my lap.

            “You’ve been here for a day, I’m not taking you home,” he stated.

            “Still, you said we,” I clarified.

            “I know, I’m not going home either,” he shrugged.

            “Chase, your parents don’t even know that you left,” I told him. “You don’t honestly think they’ll be okay with you staying the night in Denver?”

            “Oh no, you misunderstand,” Chase told me. I looked to his hands on the wheel and noticed that they were clenched so tightly that his knuckles were white. “I’m not only staying the night, I’m gonna stay as long as I have to.”

            “Chase, what’s this about?” I asked him. He was acting strangely, and I had no idea why.

            “I’m sure there’s a motel close by, I could easily stay in one for a few days,” he shrugged as he kept a firm grip on the wheel, and his eyes glued to the road.

            “Seriously, why do you want to stay? Just go home Chase,” I sighed.

            “Are you kidding me?” Chase asked rhetorically. “I’m already driving far past when it’s legal, I’ll just stay the night and then in the morning I’ll figure it all out,” he rationalized.

“It’s not actually that interesting here,” I told him. I didn’t know why I was so inclined on making him leave, when I knew that it was hopeless. Once Chase made up his mind, there wasn’t very much hope in changing it.

“Too bad, I want to go see the sights, meet the people, and you know, maybe work on my boxing a bit,” Chase said simply.

“What do you mean by boxing?” I asked him worriedly.

“Oh nothing, nothing at all,” he replied vaguely and continued the rest of the drive without answering my question.

**A/N: So I was planning on making this longer but I got lazy. Since I had SUCH good comments on the last chapter from people I didn't even know were reading, I have to say I'm impressed!! I was so happy that I jumped for joy AND I've decided that EVERYONE who commented will get a dedication!! BUT you aren't off the hook yet, now that I know you can comment, I want you to do it again! And maybe make some banners or something too wink wink nudge nudge. These questions are shorter lol and please elaborate on your answers!!

1) What do you think Chase meant by boxing? What's he gonna do in Denver?

2) Did you like his little 'problem'?

3) Take a guess at how Chase will react to Wyatt!

4) Why do you think Chase was activng so weird?

I thought we really needed another Chase and Chastity chapter (ALLITERATION!!) for them to just be friends!

Dedication: The best comment got the dedication last chapter so this one goes to....

justgowithitbabeyy :)

Song: The Big Bang Theory Theme Song

Picture: SHELDON COOPER!!!