Chapter 168: A Righteous Anger to Kill A Soul

Start from the beginning

     "See? He didn't even know they had names. Now, if you'll excuse me. I should just be a few minutes, and then I will send you back."

     So off to Chord I went, not daring to look back. My mind was just the smallest bit frazzled, to the point of not yet letting me realizing the embarrassing thing I just did.

     "Hello there," I greeted, standing in front of the girl who had taken to inspecting the utter endlessness of the hall, entertaining herself by walking down it. I'd teleported over. "Chord."

     "Sissy, why did Magaris bring me here?" She sounded skeptical but bustled over to my side regardless. "Do you have treats you want to give me in secret?"

     "...am I just a treat dispenser to you?"

     "What's a dispenser?"

     "Something that hands out things. Like when the knights train behind the manor, and there's one guy who hands out weapons to each of them when they come by. That guy is 'dispensing' it to them and he's acting as a 'dispenser.'"

     "Oh...oh, no, Sissy! You're not just a dispenser." Chord stepped forward and hugged me tightly, clumsily wrapping her arms around and brushing my hair constantly. She was smothering me and tickling with my nose, but it was fine the way it was. I let the love come in smoothly. "Sissy always gives us treats, so I thought..."

     Why else would she be alone somewhere else?

     "Chord, word to the wise. If someone tries to get you somewhere alone, don't follow them, alright? Unless you're strong enough to take them, and whomever is hiding and waiting to attack, out."

     "But I would never attack Magaris? And Sissy's too strong to defend against."

     How she knew that when I'd hardly ever fought in front of them, I didn't want to know. Maybe Afriel being sensitive to those stronger in his surroundings tipped her off subconsciously. Maybe she just knew that I was stronger because of the type of magic we used, and how I used it so fluidly. Or, from that one time I fought Florence in front of them, at the birthday party-

     Ah...guess we can't do that this year.

     "That's...just in general, Chord. It's not safe to follow people to secluded places. You never know who will use mind magic on your friends to use them against you so you have no backup in a fight but instead only liabilities-"

     "Sissy, you worry about the strangest things."

     "Okay, maybe it's a bit of a stretch, but still-"

     Chord pulled away to stare back with doe brown eyes. All of my siblings had those big eyes - though not anime big, thank the stars, that would've been dang creepy - with extremely white whites and intense irises. But hers, they could narrow sweetly and creepily in an instant, giving me almost the same feeling that Kiki gave out when she was pleased.

     It was as if Chord was the half-Demon, not her siblings, and they were the angels.

     This world is full of strange things.

     "I know Sissy was worried since we couldn't meet for a while."

     The guilt was already descending. That girl was pleased like Kiki, sharp with her words like Magaris, and sweet like the others when she wanted to be.

     "I promise to come see you guys more often this coming year."

     "Isn't Sissy going to go to school with us and Sherry?"