14 | rebuilding

don't forget to vote and comment ;)

14 | rebuilding 

sorry, I don't kiss on the first date

Axel is right: symphonies are pretty fuckin' metal, but to be fair, big instruments, especially those of the brass section, just make everything so baddass

Axel is right: symphonies are pretty fuckin' metal, but to be fair, big instruments, especially those of the brass section, just make everything so baddass. I'm in awe. I'm still smiling and excited by the time the show is over and we slowly head out of the auditorium and back out into the hall. 

The windows curved around the platform look out over the city, and I pull Axel aside to gaze at the sparkling skyline.

"So," Axel leans against the railing, "did you like it?" 

I chuckle and gaze up at him. "Are you kidding? It was fantastic. I didn't realize Bach could be so epic." 

Axel grins. "Told you." 

I nod. "You did," I say, leaning against the railing too, letting people pass us to the stairs. "I'd like to come again sometime. I heard they do a bunch of different shows. Like, I met this lady in the bathroom during intermission, and she said they've played the music in Lord of the Rings!" 

"That sounds dope," Axel mumbles, but I don't think he pays much attention to what I'm saying. We're close, almost chest to chest, and his eyes just watch my face, and gaze down at my lips as they move. He's going to kiss me, or at least he wants to, right here, in front of everyone. 

But when he leans in, I lean back, and smirk, "sorry, I don't kiss on the first date." 

Axel's arm creeps around my waist to pull me against him. "Good thing it's our second date," he murmurs. 

I grin, and with playful eyes, whisper, "I don't kiss on the second date either, or the third, or the —"

"Okay, you've made your point," Axel groans, a smile tugging at his lips. 

I grin, and disrupt the moment by abruptly stopping some random people to take a picture of Axel and I. I go back to slide my arm around his waist, grinning at the camera, as he glances down at me with pure affection. I thank them, and tuck my phone back into my pocket, and tell Axel, "let's go home," avoiding the urge to just let him kiss me.

・・・

Axel's at work. I'm just getting back from buying a new dress for the New Year's Eve party that we're going to tomorrow night, when I get a reply on Facebook messenger. I almost jump for joy, but I make sure that Axel isn't home first, for some reason, because I wouldn't want him to know what I'm so excited about. 

I found his grandma on Facebook. It may not seem like a big deal, but it's one step closer to finding his dad. She has to know something. I'm sure she does. She was at her daughter's funeral two years ago, where I met her for a brief moment, and I heard her mutter something about Axel's dad, but not enough to pick up any useful information.