Chapter 13-"Breaking"

Tiana's Pov

I licked my lips as we sat in silence for a few moments after what he told me. "Why do you think you killed them?" I finally decided to speak up as he continued to stare at his lap. "I should have been paying attention."he muttered.

I furrowed my eyebrows at his words. "Michael please tell me what's going on." I pleaded wanting to know answers and what happened. He shook his head as I sighed.

"I can't yet. I'm not ready to tell you." I bit my lip and turned my head away from him. "I understand." I whispered. Now all I keep thinking about is what could have possibly happened. I can't expect for him to be so comfortable with me after one date but I had to ask.

I felt his hand grasp mine as I diverted my attention back to him. His now dull brown eyes where glassy and I instantly wrapped my free arm around him. Rubbing his back trying to comfort him.

I was about to speak but the phone rang cutting through the silence. I reached over his bed and grabbed the phone before bringing it to my ear. "Hello?" I asked into the phone. "Tiana, you have some major explaining to do." The voice on the other end demanded. I soon recognized the angered voice as Frank, but why would he be mad? "Why, what did I do?" I was confused as to why he was calling so early in the morning.

"I heard that you haven't finished writing songs for the BAD album. Tiana I hired you so you can write songs, not fool around with Michael and loose concentration!" he complained. I sighed heavily because I knew that he was partially right. I was hired to write the album, but that didn't mean I needed to discontinue my growing relationship with Michael.

"Frank, where both working together on the album and it will be finished for the release date." I promised. He sighed on the other line and I knew that he probably just wanted to get the album over with. "Alright Tiana, one more chance but if you mess this up your going home." He warned.

I then bit my lip and pressed the red button on the phone signaling that the call was over. My eyes traveled back to Michael to see him still slouched over with his hands covering his tear stained face. It pained me to see him like this, especially when I didn't know the reason why. I wasn't going to force him to tell me because that just wouldn't be fair.

"I got you some coffee and food if you want any." I offered. He shook his head declining my offer and wiped his eyes before getting off the bed. I jumped and my eyes widened once he threw the book on the ground causing loudness to boom through the quietness. I sunk down into the bed as he ran his hands through his hair, pulling it occasionally.

"I'm so fucking stupid!" he yelled kicking over a chair that stood in the corner of the room. My lips curved into my mouth and I kept my head down. Even though I only had been here for a couple of weeks, I've seen or heard him get this mad over a something or someone. "Michael." I called trying to pull him out of the small trance he was in.

"I should have been paying attention." he continued to mumbled as he paced. "Michael." I said a bit louder emerging from the bed, and slowly walking towards him. "It's all my fault there dead." he ignored my calls. "Michael!" I yelled. His eyes snapped to me and I saw only darkness in them.

I took a step backwards but his eyes softened and he rubbed his hand over his face. "I'm sorry." he apologized softly. I walked closer to him and latched my arms around his neck, lightly pulling him to my height. I wiped the tears slowly from his cheeks and stared at him. "Don't be." I whispered. His arms wrapped around my waist as pulling him closer.

I pressed my lips to his forehead in order to get him to relax more. It seemed to work because he let out a relieved sigh. "I'll tell you what happened." he said against my neck.

I nodded and brought us both to the bed and laid next to him, ready to hear the story.

He looked him my eyes like he was searching for something. Comfort, trust, peacefulness? He seemed to find what he was looking for because he opened his mouth and to told me the story about him, Tricia, and the tragic ending to it.