Chapter 12-"Who Did It"

Tiana's Pov

"That'll be $13.00 please." The perky worker smiled. I returned one back and gave her the money and gathered the donuts and coffee and turned around and almost bumped into someone. "Oh I'm sorry excuse me." I said brushing past them. "Tiana?" I raised an eyebrow and looked in the direction to where my name was being called. "Oh hi Ron." I said politely switching the coffee into my left hand.

"Hey where have you been I thought we where going on that date." I but my lip and said, "Im sorry I was just busy yesterday." I apologized trying to quickly get out of discussing it further. "It's alright how about we sit down now?" He asked. I puffed out air and put all my weight into my left leg. "Ron I'm sorry I can't I have so much work to do today." I said partially lying. His eyes flashed with hurt before they went back to there regular color.

All I wanted to do was go back to the house before Michael woke up. I just wanted to come out and get some donuts and coffee for him since he stayed up last night working on more songs after we came back from our date which was amazing. I knew he would be tired so I thought why not treat him. I didn't expect for me to be running into Ron though. "Ron I really got to go it was nice talking to you. Maybe next time we can talk" I suggested rushing out the door and into the chilly air.

I should have brought a coat. I scolded myself getting into the car, setting down the donuts and coffee and making my way to Neverland. I hummed to a song on a radio and I looked in my review mirror to see someone following me. I thought maybe it was just a coincidence and turned down the street but the car followed.

Is that Ron? I squinted closely into the mirror until I heard a loud screech. "Watch Out!" I turned my attention back to the road and immediately stepped on my breaks. My body jerked foreword and I laid back. "Whew. That was close." I looked over to make sure the food was ok and it was perfectly fine. I sighed and looked to no longer see the same car in my review mirror.

"Lady are you going to go!" I heard a man shouting. I pressed on the gas and continued to drive to Neverland.Who was that following me. If that was Ron that's a little suspicious. I finally made it to Neverland and I grabbed the donuts and coffee and made my way inside. I called out Michael's name but heard no response.

I put everything down and walked up to his room door and knocked on the door. "Michael?" I knocked again but heard nothing. I tried to open the door but it was locked. I sighed and took out a bobby pin from my hair and picked the lock causing the door to open. I saw him sitting near a wall with a big book in his lap. His eyes where bloodshot red and I furrowed my eyebrows making my way over to him.

I sat next to him and looked at what he was looking at. It was the same picture I looked at that was in the scrapbook. I heard him sniffle before he opened his mouth to speak. "Today would have been her 29th birthday." his voice was raspy and cracked. He cleared his throat and continued. " and for her. It would have been her 2nd birthday." he said pointing towards and small headstone.

I turned my attention away from the book and looked at him to see a distraught look on his face. "I'm so sorry." I whispered glancing at the other pictures as he turned the page. He sighed loudly before turning to me. "Don't be. You didn't kill her. them." He said. I looked down at my lap thinking about who she was and why was she so important. I then put two and two together and figured it out.

"Who killed them?" I asked looking up at him. I saw him gulp before he opened his mouth to speak. "I think I did." he mumbled but I was clearly able to hear him.

Hey guys sorry I haven't been updating I've had some writers block for a couple of these stories but I'm back and want to thank everyone who read and voted to get this book to over 1k reads.🚫NEW STORY CALLED KEEP IT IN THE OFFICE(MJ PERV) 🚫Thank you so much and I hope you keep READING/VOTING/COMMENTINT. I love you.

~Alana