Chapter 18 - "Truth Be Set"

Tiana's Pov

The sun beamed through the curtains and I groaned once the light opened my eyes. I bit my lip looking down to see that I was naked. A blush rushed to my cheeks and I turned my head to not see Michael beside me. I frowned but instantly perked up once he emerged out the bathroom with only a towel.

He turned to look at me and smiled to see that I was awoke. "morning baby." he came over to me a pecked my lips. Which was surprising since I had just woken up and Probally had morning breath. "Morning." I responded while holding the covers up to my chest.

He took notice of this and raised an eyebrow with a grin. "hiding something."

"Nothing you haven't seen before." I responded smirking. He leaned down to me and kissed me again but deeper and instantly I responded. I felt him start to climb back ontop of me and slip his hand underneath the cover.

I put my hands on his chest and pushed him away quickly. While running to the bathroom I spilled my guts out into the toilet. Ny chest heaved at I did it again while holding my stomache in pain. I felt a pair of hands grab my curly hair out of my face and behind my neck.

I sighed before flushing the toilet and leaning against the wall. How embarrising. I thought while wiping at my mouth in shame. I watched Michael's concerned face stare at me and his hand cradle mind as his thumb traced over my cheek. "Are you sick baby?" I shrugged unsurely before beginning to get up. But Michael stopped me and lifted me up bridal style towards the bed.

He laid me down gentley and I smiled appreciatively. "Its probally nothing. Just nausiated." I assured, patting his hands. He gave a warm smile before brushing my hair back causing my eyes to splip closed. Just as quickly as I had awoken, I fell back to sleep the same.

-

Once I had awoken again, talking brought me out of my sleepy state. I looked around to notice that the room was empty. I lifted myself slowly from the bed groaning at how stiff my body had become. I felt groggy as soon as my feet had hit the floor and my small hands gripped the material beneath me. Noticing that Michael no longer was in the room, I called out only to recieve silence.

In response I sighed and glanced over at the nightstand to see a note.

Went out to the store to pick you up some things. I hope you feel better babygirl
~ Michael.

I smiled at the kind letter before setting it back down and reaching over to grab the phone. I had noticed my calling to my sister hasnt been as frequent as it should be. Im aware that my aunt knows of my absence and probally is doing nothing to bring me back. Which suprisingly Im fine with. I only get a dial tone once I call my sister.

I dont really expect her to answer after me not calling her for such a while. All i hope is she isnt mad at me for not calling as much. Instead of calling again, I leave a voicemail which I can only hope she recieves.

A few moments pass until Michael comes through the door with a ginger rale for my stomache and something to nibble on.

"Thank you," he smiles and rubs his thumb over the knuckles of my hand. "Dont thank me. I just hope you feel better." Michael's concern always made me feel so warm inside for some reason. The phone began to ring snapping us out of the moment we were having. It seemed that everytime we picked up the phone their was always bad news. Instead of sharing that thought out loud I let Michael answer the phone instead of climbing over the bed to get it.

He grabbed the phone from off the hook and lifted it to his ear. I watched his eyebrows furrow as the other person spoke. "Frank?" My heart automatically stopped and my throat became tight at what he could possibly tell him. I knew I couldnt just brush off what happened yesterday as if it never happened becasue it had.

Michael's eyes briefly connected with mine and he held my gaze for a minute and suddenly I felt like I had when I got in trouble with my parents. I tried to mask my fear of him finding out but I knew it was easily shown.

"Alright...thanks for letting me know Frank." My eyes fluttered close in shame as he ended the call and we were engulfed in a tension filled silence.