Chapter 19 -"Going Back Home"

Tiana's Pov

   "Care to tell me when you were going to tell me about this?" He asked while his brown eyes glared into mine. My breath caught in my throat as I tried searching for excuses yet came up empty. It was no doubt that Frank would eventually spill the beans to Michael before I had the chance. I dont know why I thought otherwise.

"I was going to..when it was the right time—"

Michael scoffed. "The right time as in when your walking out the door saying your farewells in a note?" I guiltily swallowed, having a feeling that it is what she would have done. Anything to not witness the hurt and upset expression on his face.

"Michael you have to understand that I was informed just a couple days ago. I wanted to wait until the right moment to tell you." I said, wishing that he would understand so we wouldn't be fighting. I didnt want to spend the last moments with him like this.

Michael sighed heavily, shaking his head. "I-I just dont understand why your leaving so soon?" He questioned to himself in a confused tone. "Its not even been 5 months yet." I opened my mouth to speak but closed it.

"I-im not sure." I lied, swallowing down the lump in my throat.

"Your lying." He bluntly stated, getting closer into my personal space — glaring into my eyes.

I backed up. "Im not!" I exclaimed, annoyed with this conversation. Michael grabbed my arm once I tried to walk away and without thinking, I pushed him off me — running to the bathroom.

Once the door was somewhat shut, I emptied my stomache into the toilet bowl —wincing at the burning sensation in my abdomen. I raised a weak hand to flush the toilet and leaned against the wall, taking deep breaths. I nibbled at my lip, feeling water pool at my eyes.

I just wanted to go home.

-

After I gathered myself into the bathroom, I decided to make me something to eat —hoping that would make this nausiating feeling dissappear. Michael was no where in sight and I wouldn't be surprised if he was avoiding me.

I made a pot of gumbo and fixed a bowl for me before taking a seat on the chair and began to dig in. Before I knew it, I had consumed 3 bowls of gumbo. Why was I so hungry?

I thought long, and hard. My eyes widened as my hand immediatley attached itself to my stomache. Without thinking, I dashed up the stairs and threw on whatever clothes I could find and drove out to the nearest drug store.

Once I made my purchase, I drove back to neverland and ripped open the box. After using the restroom and setting a small timer, Michael had choosen the time to knock on my bedroom door. I cursed, hid the small stick behind my things and rushed to the door.

"Look before you say anything let me say this," I nodded, keeping my mouth shut as I let him talk. "I know the reason that Frank shortened this whole writing ordeal. Its because were in a relationship...isnt it?" Michael stated more than asked.

I opened my mouth to respond but he raised a finger. "Dont lie to me." I licked my lips and nodded.

"Yes, thats the reason. "

"You were actually going to leave were you?" Michael asked, a hint of worry in his voice. I stared into his brown eyes and shook my head. I heard him breath a sigh of relief. "Good because I dont know what I would have done. I lost Tricia and I cant loose you to." I grabbed his hands.

"You wont." I gave a weak smile. "I promise." he gave a smile of his own but the moment was interrupted by a beep. Michael tore his gaze from mine to glance around the room.

"What was that?" I shrugged my shoulders, playing coy.

"I dont know." Michael squinted his eyes at me before brushing past and going into the bathroom.

I rushed after him, watching as he picked up the white stick with confusion before looking back up at me.

"Your pregnant?"

"I—"

Suddenly my phone rang and once I saw my sister's caller Id, I immediatley picked up.

"Riley!" I exclaimed with relief.

"Guess again." I froze, recognizing the scratchy voice on the other end.

I gulped. "Auntie Bonnie I—"

"Oh dont start child, I know what you've been up to. To bad your sister couldn't keep your secret good enough." I tensed.

"Where's Riley and why do you have her phone?" Her low snicker on the other end did nothing to ease my nerves.

"Oh she must not have told you...She's in the crackhouse. She got addicted to some mysterious powder her friend gave her. My guess is cocaine. Time to face reality T. Your sister needed you and you've just been living it up — wherever the hell you are." I swallowed the lump in my throat leaning against a chair to steady myself.

"Im coming home." I stated firmly.

Aunt Bonnie giggled. "Oh I know, good luck finding a place to stay though." Her voice suddenly turned dark. "Once you left this house and Riley got addicted, you no longer were apart of my family. Have fun taking care of the little bitch because I sure as hell didnt." Aunt Bonnie paused, and I could feel that this conversation was soon to be over.

"Your parents would be so dissapointed....Bye now."

Click.