Love In All Languages

Mitch's POV:

        After I went to bed, I couldn't stop thinking about how I got here. No, not on earth, but how all of this happened. My family, my friends, my life. It's all still kind of a blur, and I want to know exactly what happened. I want to remember mine and Jerome's first kiss, the birth of our daughter, all of the important details that have slipped my mind because of a stupid medical condition.

        I stayed up for hours and hours on end, just thinking about my life. I assume this is what people with insomnia do, but I didn't have insomnia, I just had memory loss. Soon enough, I heard the door creak open and a shadow appear on the bed frame. Jerome was here to save me with cuddling to take my worries away. Thank god, I needed it.

        The spot next to me sunk a little on the mattress, and I felt a pair of arms slip around my waist, warmth instantly spreading throughout my body. I knew he thought I was asleep because whenever he's around me, he acts all manly and like nothing's wrong, but even I know that it's not. He feels the same way I do. Knowing that I don't remember everything, but acts like I do just to feel more apart of the family. And I don't think it was working for anyone anymore. I had to address this, and late at night is when all of my good ideas and thoughts come.

        But right as I was about to turn over and talk to Jerome, I heard sniffles. The sniffles quickly turned into quiet sobs, and I felt a little bit of my heart break. Hearing him cry made me wonder what I could do to help, even if it meant jumping off a cliff. I turned over and comforted him, hugging him and placing light kisses on his neck. "M-Mitch? You're awake?" I nodded and kept on kissing him. I soon felt his shoulders relax and I knew he felt at least a little bit better.

        "Jerome, we need to talk." "That sentence never ends well." He sat up and pulled me with him. "No, we need to talk about me." That sounded extremely self-centered. "I know, and I have a feeling it's the same reason I was crying. Which we will never speak of again by the way, got it?" I giggled and lightly grabbed his hand. "It is, my memory, I want it back." I started tearing up,"I want it back so bad." He kissed the top of my head and moved down to my lips. We stayed like that for a good while before we pulled away and looked at each other, caramel on chocolate. We both laughed as Jerome spoke up,"Hey, how about tomorrow, we go out and do something special, talk things out, you know, like normal adults; but tonight, let's have fun. I raised my eyebrows, thinking that he knew I wasn't ready for that yet and was about to speak when,"Oh no! Not that. I now realize what it sounded like, no, I know you're not ready yet, and I wouldn't rush you into anything that you aren't ready for. He kissed me again with love and comfort.

        "I meant, I need to teach you Italian, since whenever I talk to my mom, you look like I just murdered your aunt." I smiled and nodded my head,"Yeah, I think I could use a few lessons." It was about 3 in the morning but neither of us were tired, so we stayed up, and learned. 

        "Okay, follow me, say: Ciao, come stai?" I then attempted to say it as flawlessly as he did, but ended up failing miserably. "What does that even mean?" "It means:Hello, how are you?" "Oh, okay, well tell me some others, i'd rather just listen to you speak them than me trying to mimic what beautiful words you're saying." He laughed and gave me a list of phrases that would help me in an average day in Italy. Needless to say, it didn't help. Here's the list:

Phrases in Italian:

        Good morning!        Buongiorno!

        Good evening!        Buona sera!

        I'm fine, thanks        Bene, grazie!

        And you?        e tu?

        You're welcome!        Prego!

        Hey! Friend!        Ciao! Amico!

        I missed you so much!        Mi sei mancato molto!

        What's new?        Cosa c'e di nuovo?

        Nothing much        Non molto

        Good night!        Buona notte!

        See you later!        A dopo

        Good bye!        Arrivederci!

        My Italian is bad.        il mio italiano e orribile.

        I need to practice my Italian        ho bisogno di fare pratica con il mio italiano

        I love you        Ti amo

        And that's the list. Pretty confusing right? No, just me...okay. Well, I tried my best to learn these and also some others that were pretty necessary for a normal conversation. So, I tried having a conversation with Jerome to test my skills, they weren't very good.

        "Ciao, come stai?"(Hello, how are you?) "Bene, bene. E tu?"(Good, good. And you?) Okay, so far so good, let's keep this running smoothly. "Eccellente! Avete sentito parlare del film G.B.F.?"(Excellent! Have you heard of the movie G.B.F.?) "Sì, si tratta di un ragazzo che viene outed per caso e poi le persone a combattere su di lui giusto?"(Yeah, it's about a guy who gets outed by accident and then people fight over him right?) I am getting this stuff down, i'm doing pretty good if I do say so myself. He nodded and continued,"Giusto. E volete sapere qualcos'altro?"(Right. And you want to know something else?) My turn to nod. "Ti amo." I knew that one for sure. "Ti amo anch'io" (I love you too.) I kissed him with passion that said I really meant it, even if I didn't have all of my memory back; I knew inside and out, that I loved this man with a heart that could never belong to anyone else. I was all his, and that was final.

        We woke up snuggled up close to each other, our faces inches apart. I kissed him and he instantly woke up. "Buongiorno."(Good morning.) How is this day going to play out? "Uh Jerome, why are you talking in Italian?" "No no, dobbiamo parlare solo in italiano oggi, per testare quanto bene avete imparato, e ciò che è necessario lavorare. Le cose possono ottenere forti e pazzo con la mia famiglia, quindi voglio di essere preparati."(No no, we must only speak in Italian today, to test how well you learned, and what you need to work on. Things can get loud and crazy with my family, so I want you to be prepared.) I rolled my eyes but nonetheless dragged myself out of bed and downstairs to go and make breakfast for me and him.

        I started by cooking some eggs, and I told Jerome to start on the sausage. We were a pretty good team when it came to cooking. "Va bene, abbiamo bisogno di olio spray, e il pacchetto di salsicce dal frigo."(Alright, we need spray oil, and the package of sausage from the fridge.) Jerome started mumbling to himself as soon as he got going. I really was lucky to have him. He stuck with me all this time, through memory loss and everything else he's told me about. He made me feel like I was worth not giving up on. Like I was worth something. And I don't think I tell him enough. I know he doesn't expect me too, but I should anyways.

        Because the only thing that matters at the end of the day; no matter gender, race, sexuality, culture, religion, or where you live, is love. So, ti amo Jerome, I love you...

        A/N

                Hey guys! So, as you can tell I was in a really fluffy mood, therefor a really fluffy chapter. And i'm sorry this wasn't uploaded on a Monday, but really early on Tuesday works too, right? Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Love you, lush you! Less than three! Bye!