Chapter 27

This is *sniffles* the LAST chapter of Haunting Memories. OH MY GOD I WILL MISS WRITING THIS AND AND ASDFGHJKL; AND I REMEMBER WHEN I STARTED THIS AND OH MY GOD. My emotions right now are just... just out of control.

There is a super SUPER EXTREMELY important author's note at the end. You better read it.

I think what I will miss most of all is Narianna cuteness. I mean, there'll be a bit of it in the sequel, but not a lot.

YES. THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL. I KNOW. I'M AWESOME XD JK...

Anyways, I'm dedicating this to 16bjanka for fanning me. Yeah. 

ANYWAYS... LET THE LAST CHAPTER BEGIN. It's kinda a little set-up for the sequel... so yeah. Most of it's bout Liam. I FEEL SO BAD FOR LIAM IN THIS.

Niall’s POV

“Do you have any food?” I asked Liam. Me and Arianna were sitting on the sofa of his flat, because lately, ever since the Jeremy thing, he had seemed sadder than ever, and we wanted to hang out with him and cheer him up.

“Here you go,” he replied, tossing me a bag of crisps. “So… Why are you two here?” he questioned. We hadn’t exactly told him we were coming, we just kind of… dropped by.

“Liam, are you okay?” Arianna gently asked him.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?”

“Ever since the hospital, you’ve been a little…” I trailed off, not knowing what word to use.

“Off,” Arianna finished.

“I’m fine,” he shrugged. He was obviously lying. Him and Arianna had a little eye conversation right then and I sighed, wanting to know what they were hiding from me.

“No you’re not,” I persisted.

“I am.”

“Liam, I know you well enough to know that something is wrong.”

“Just drop it, okay?” he begged in an irritated tone.

“Come on, I thought I was your best mate. I thought you could tell me everything.”

“Niall, it doesn’t matter, okay?”

“I just want to know–”

“Stop worrying about me.”

“Why shouldn’t I? It’s about Maddy, isn’t it?” He didn’t say anything. “Isn’t it?” I repeated. Liam just looked down and studied his shoes. “I know you really loved her, but you really need to move on.”

“Anyways, let’s do something,” Arianna cut in.

“Like what?” I asked.

“Do you have cards?” Arianna turned to Liam.

“Yeah. I’ll get them,” he mumbled and left to look for them in his room.

“I’m worried about Liam,” I told Ari.

“Me too.”

“Arianna, tell me, is there something you and Liam are hiding from me?”

Her face paled a bit. “No, why would you think that?”

“Sometimes, it just feels that way.”

“Well, there isn’t,” she sighed, and I didn’t completely believe her.

“Please tell me,” I whispered, my blue eyes searching her green ones. She broke the eye contact and looked away.

“It’s not my secret to tell,” she murmured. She looked so sad, so broken, I wanted to do something to comfort her, so I pulled her into a soft kiss.