Chapter 36

Chuck is sitting on her own bed, listening to music, and knitting her blanket. All the while, she's thinking over what happened last night. The fight with Negan, Negan telling her that he loves her, being intimate for the first time in a while. She smiles.

Negan actually loves her.

She had been so caught up in thinking that true happiness was something that would never come to her that she missed his feelings for her completely. And nearly ruined everything.

She thinks about how her actions must have seemed to Negan. Having someone you love tell you that they don't love you...

God. No wonder Negan was upset. That was the very thing I was afraid of. And I put that on Negan. I feel terrible about that.

But I can make it right. Because I do love him. I've known that the feelings I've had for him are different than I've felt for anyone else in my life. But I just didn't allow my feelings to go that extra step forward. That's changed now. And I intend on showing him.

Chuck's door opens and Negan walks in. She feels her cheeks blush uncontrollably, which catches her off guard. It's not like she doesn't blush at all around Negan anymore, but it's usually only when he's teasing her. Or they're in bed together. His mere presence has never caused her to blush.

"Hey, baby girl." He looks at her face. "You hot or something?" He comes forward and puts his hand on her forehead then moves to her cheek.

She giggles uncontrollably. "No. I'm fine."

He narrows his eyes at her. "What?"

She slaps his hand away, continuing to giggle. "Stop teasing me!"

He laughs. "I didn't even say anything! What's fuckin' up with you?"

"I don't know! Shut up!"

"Are you-" he narrows his eyes again then laughs. "You're acting like- Do you have a fuckin' crush on me now? Is this you with a crush?" He gestures to her.

"No!" she answers quickly, even though she knows that's probably what's going on. She hadn't gotten a lot of crushes in her life, but when she did, she was always reduced to a blushing giggly mess when around the guy. And the way her feelings for Negan have shifted apparently has her body showcasing all those embarrassing little quirks of having a crush.

"Holy shit! You got a crush on me, little girl!" He laughs again.

"Stop! Shut up! Stop teasing! You suck!" She slaps at his chest then brings her hands up to cover her red cheeks.

He lets out a low laugh, almost a growl. "As much as I would fuckin' love to explore this further, I got a surprise for you down on the second floor."

Chuck clears her throat and tries to get the blood to drain from her face. "Surprise? Do I need to change?" She's not in her wife uniform. She's wearing black leggings (her regular jeans had to be retired because of her expanding belly) and a rather baggy graphic T-shirt with Deadpool on the front.

Negan looks at her clothes. "Nah. You'll be with me so you'll be fuckin' fine."

They head down to the second floor and to Negan's meeting room. He pauses outside the entrance and gives her one last smirk before opening the door.

Chuck walks in and sees two men in the room, Simon and another man that she instantly recognizes as her uncle Aaron. Even though she hasn't seen him for a few years, he looks exactly the same. Curly brown hair only a little longer than he used to wear it. Neat beard on his face just like when he would grow it out before because he "got sick of shaving".