Chapter 25

"Holy fuck."

"Oh my god." Chuck backs away from the counter as Negan stands still, staring down at the test.

"I'm gonna be a fuckin' dad." He turns around with a huge smile on his face. "You're gonna be a mom," he says to her then lets out a laugh of joy.

Chuck turns away from him and walks into the bedroom. Her footfalls are heavy as she paces the room, worrying at her lips and twirling her hair in nervousness.

"Baby," he comes up behind her, putting his arms around her to halt her movement, "we're having a baby," he whispers in her ear, his smile evident in his words.

Chuck pushes him away and continues to pace, biting her nails as she goes.

"What, baby?" he asks, almost confused.

"Stop," she says bluntly.

"Stop what, baby girl?"

"Just shut up!" she screams, losing control. Her whole body shakes as she turns to him.

"What's wrong?" he asks firmly. "Why aren't you happy?"

"Happy? Why the fuck would I be happy?!"

"Because it's fuckin' awesome, Chuck! We made a kid!" he exclaims as he throws his arms out wide. "And stop fuckin' swearing! I hate hearing that shit come out of your mouth."

"Awesome? Now? In this?" She gestures widely. "Pregnancy can be a death sentence." She points directly at his face. "What you did could kill me."

"Don't you fuckin' say that! Don't you ever fuckin' say that to me, Chuck!"

She shakes her head and looks to the floor. "How could you not pull out in time?! This is your fault, Negan. You did this to me."

"No!" He grabbed her by the shoulders and forces her to sit on the couch. He bends down close to her and gestures between them. "We did this! Together. You didn't fuckin' say no. You didn't ask for a condom. You didn't even fuckin' tell me to pull out, but I did anyway! Even though I didn't fuckin' want to!"

"You didn't want to?! Why would you not want to?" She furrows her brow in confusion as he stands to his full height.

"Chuck-"

"Did you want to get me pregnant?!" she interrupts.

"No!" he answers quickly.

"Did you get me pregnant on purpose?!" Her voice is choked as she tries to yell.

"Of course not! Abso-fuckin'-lutely not!" He steps forward and kneels in front of her. "I would never do something like that, Chuck. Ever."

"Oh my god, Negan!" Her breathing becomes labored as she starts to sob.

"Fuck." He runs his hands down her arms to bring her hands up to his face, giving them both a sweet kiss. "Calm down, baby girl. Please. Don't make yourself sick."

She takes a few deep breaths. "Are you lying to me?" she asks quietly as tears roll down her cheeks.

"I have never lied to you." He wipes her cheeks and she lets him. "I don't know why- cumming inside you- It was just a thought that went through my mind in the moment. It just felt... right." He shakes his head. "I don't fuckin' know. But we didn't talk about it, so I didn't go through with it! Then, I just lost control. You just felt- Everything got intense for me." He starts to speak more softly. "But... that's really never fuckin' happened to me like that before. I really thought I pulled out in time."