I shove my test into my bag, embarrassment creeping up my neck.

"I mean- I did bad- but you did real bad."

"I get it." I sigh leaning back into my seat. My first F. I mean it wasn't fair. The semester has only started a month ago, and I had football- and there was Cira- and everything else in between. I had no time for studying.

Great. I'm making excuses.

My head sinks into my palms as I internally groan. I cannot flunk Economics. I attend Clemson University on a scholarship. I can't flunk.

It feels like high school all over again. Except this time- my future is really at stake. Everything's at stake.

"Relax dude. Its the beginning of the year, you did okay on the last test-"

"Caden," I say gritting my teeth, attempting to keep my composure. "Please stop being so optimistic all the fucking time."

Caden smiles, before shaking my shoulder playfully. "Will- everything's gonna be fine. Stop being such a pessimist."

"I'm a realist." I say rolling my eyes but unable to stifle a grin. "Thanks, I guess."

My eyes narrow as I stare at my professor whose sitting at his desk all the way at the front of the classroom. He's staring intently at his laptop, with his permanent frown, furrowed brows, and oddly reflective bald head. I don't know how. But I have to do something. I have to bring my grades up- and I'm willing to do anything.

...

9/14/20 1:42

"Chug, chug, chug!" My friends chant, as Steven and I each down a bottle of beer. I swallow the last remnants of my beer with a throaty laugh- before lifting my bottle up in the air with a hoot.

Caden and members of our football team come up behind me, hoisting me up on their shoulders obnoxiously singing 'we are the champions' in off key voices. Right now in this moment, with alcohol buzzing through my body- I feel happy. All my worries seem a million miles away, this mornings flunked test a million years ago. My skin is pulsating with sweat. The cramped bodies in this frats living room makes everything sweltering hot.

I'm dropped down to the floor as everyones attention shifts to a throng of freshman sorority girls, who are decorated with caked on makeup, and dangerously high heels.

I clear my throat as a particularly pretty one runs her manicured fingers down my shoulder, biting her lip as she leans in to whisper in my ear.

"Hey. Wanna go somewhere alone?"

I shift uncomfortably and her hands swings back down to her side. "I have a girlfriend."

She rolls her eyes with a small scoff before returning to her group of friends who are all staring at me with razor sharp glares.

"Did you just-" Caden says with wide eyes. He shakes his head as he plops down onto a sticky sofa.

"I have a Cira." I say with a shrug. I love her, and no amount of alcohol running through my body is going to be make me forget that.

"I'm just saying- I wouldn't have turned down her advantages." Caden chuckles leaning into his seat.

"Yeah- but you'd sleep with anyone."