Chapter Twenty Three - Cornerstone.

"Hi I'm Ella" Alex's hand met my slightly shaky one, I this real or am I so drunk I'm imagining him.

"Alex... so care to explain this" He picked up the bottle of vodka from his side handing it back to me, Looking directly into my eyes as he waited for the answer, This was make or break time tell him the truth about Josh and have teenage Ella kick you, Or make up some lie and prove to Josh he doesn't own you, Shaking my head in confusion I took another big swig of vodka.

"I escaped from Betty ford?" Half smiling at Alex in a joking manner, I could tell he wasn't buying it, But what can I tell him. 

" I had an argument with my umm employer and just decided to go for a walk" Yeah that was the truth, Josh and the guys are hiring me to do the album cover, So I sort of am there employee so no lies there.

"Ahh so your not an alcoholic then" Alex winked at me pushing his blacked out shades down giving me a look at his eyes for the first time I really took him in, Tight faded blue jeans, Cowboy boots tucked under, A black t'shirt and black leather jacket, With his hair geled back in all its teddy boy glory, Hes not perfect but that's his biggest selling point. 

"Oh how dare you sir" I shook the bottle at him with a mock look of shock on my face, For the first time ever I saw a big smile appear on his face, I liked to see this side of him it made him more real, I mean I know hes sat here with me but this is too amazing to be real. 

"So you know what I do what do you do" If he asked me this question two years ago my answer would probably be to pass out whilst screaming his name in disbelief, Then again that would probably be my answer like two hours ago.

"I'm a Graphic designer over here working on an album cover" His whole body shot up dragging me of the sand with it, Smiling he beckoned my forward in a friendly motion. 

"Where we going" I asked skeptically whilst gingerly fol owing him, Could I trust a guy I only met 2 Minutes ago, I mean sure hes famous but hes still a stranger.

"Oh yeah shit sorry um I was wondering if you wanted to come to the studio hear some tracks for the new album then maby do the cover for us I mean that way you can ditch your other job if its giving you that much grief or you can just do it when you have free time" Alex Turner wants me to come and hear him play and then use that to design the album, I stood there in shock, My whole body not moving my mouth hung open catching flies, Then I remembered the reason I'm here in the first place, A big smirk crossed my face.

"Why not" Flirtatiously grabbing his arm I pulled him in the direction of the boardwalk a big smile on my face, We walked together in the direction I ran from for about five minutes are hands awkwardly brushing as we walked, My head starting to clear, A little part of me was thinking what the hell am I doing, But the other part of me was still drunk and won out, After about twenty minutes walking he lead me into a less crowded street pointing up at a sign for The Sound Factory, It looked familiar but I just shook my head still muggy from the booze and followed Alex into the building, Everything was decorated in an old classic rock kind of way memorabilia on the walls from past and present artist is as far as the eye could see, Most of the chairs were crafted in the malt shop kind of style and the reception desk was crafted like a counter in a diner with stools on each side, The place gave off artistic vibes, Even the thought of the word vibes made me a little sad thinking about me and Josh's argument earlier, What am I doing he will be worried about me, Should I call him, my thoughts were cut off by the sound of Alex's voice speaking politely to the receptionist.

"Hi I have studio four booked under Alex Turner" The way he said his own voice made me have to really suppress my fan-girl, He said it like it was nothing like he was nobody, For the first time my eyes scanned over the receptionist, Her visible body covered in tattoo's spanning from her neck down to her tank top over her belly and down her legs, She really was a sight to behold I imagined her speaking with a really gruff voice.