29

Jack's POV
I was sitting at home catching up on some school work when I got a cluster of notifications. Sam texted in the group chat of all of us guys asking for a place to stay. Derek quickly answered and I guess they were working that out but why was he leaving Aphrodite's house? Speaking of Aphrodite she called wanting to hang and I guess I should be on my way to pick her up.

My drive was swarmed with thoughts. I hope I wasn't coming in between Sam and Aphrodite, if I'm being honest I do get jealous... I mean who wouldn't she's basically my girl but he's in her bed. I also just hoped Sammy was okay, I can't imagine actually leaving home no matter how many times I've threatened that I would run away if I didn't get my way on this thing or that thing. Lastly, the thought that never leaves my head Aphrodite Smith. She lived up to her name in every way, truly beautiful inside and out. I love her, but I promised myself I wouldn't do love in Highschool because what's the point? Fall for someone waste your time on them and break up because you actually start your lives? It just seemed so pointless- well before I met her- now all I wanted to do was fill that time with her by my side.

Some people might say I'm dumb for what else I think but I can't control it. What if she doesn't like me? Everyone laughs and tells me I'm stupid, that she looks at me like she loves me and she flirts with me so why would I think she doesn't like me? But, what if she doesn't even know that how she feels isn't love? Aphrodite was new to boys and I loved her for that, she gets all worked up at me holding her waist and her hand, it's honestly adorable. What if she just doesn't know how she feels because she's never been through this before and just says she likes me because I like her.
I shake the thought out of my head quickly and drive over to pick her up.

As I pulled up to her house she stood outside in a yellow jean skirt and white crop top. She was a dream to look at. She always complained about her weight, and her acne, and this and that, but she was all I ever wanted to look at. I just hoped that she knew that.

She looked up at me and smiled which I returned. She ran up to the car and hopped into the passenger side.

"Hey" she let out breathily as if she was already under stress.

"What's wrong?" I asked her, normally she would come in laughing and have cracked a joke already. As I asked the question her smile fell.

"Don't respond until I'm finished because this is a lot okay?" She asked and put her pinky out for me to promise her. I locked our pinkies and didn't let go but kept them together rested on her thigh as she explained. "So I don't know what we are, and that's fine I don't need to. But there's something that if we are together I should tell you and I don't want to push us together if you don't want to be, but I don't want to not tell you something that could really bother you and maybe even come between us. And I know that doesn't makes a lot of sense I'm sorry."
She spoke fast and nervously, obviously coming up with her words on the spot and trying to phrase what she wanted to say correctly. I didn't want to stress her out so I just held her hand completely and kissed her.