Chapter 24

(A few days has passed since the incident people are now calling the Void of Nanbu. Its mid day when Dante begins to awake, his entire torso wrapped in bandages due to the injuries suffered from the explosion. Soon as he opens his eyes, he is greeted by Lenneth. As he tries to sit up, his body aches in pain. Lenneth offers him a cup of tea, but he declines.)

Dante: How long have I been out?

Lenneth: A week give or take. After we brought you back, Kitara and Marcy have been running tests on you. The both of you had a very bad aura around you.

Dante: That sounds about right. I've never felt a force like that in my life. Where is Eden? Is she awake?

Lenneth: She's resting in her room. She will be fine thanks to you and your friends.

(Dante sighs in relief)

Dante: That's good to hear.

Lenneth: While we are on the topic, I must say that you and Eden had me very worried. Never in my time have I ever have felt such panic after witnessing the temple explosion. I surely thought I had lost the both of you and it would have been my fault.

Dante: Even I can admit that I am very lucky that we made it out alive.

Lenneth: Life is very unpredictable. It is best we stay on our toes.

Dante: Spare me your cookie wisdom, Lenneth. I do not wish to hear it.

Lenneth: Very well then. There is one good thing to come out of this situation and it is that we won't be hearing from the Amatsu for awhile.

Dante: How so? What makes you so sure?

Lenneth: After such a public aftermath, with a void spreading through the land, devouring it, leaving nothing, but a bottomless crater that takes up at least half of Nanbu District. In the void's wake, a wall made of immeasurable amounts of energy surrounds the area. This is an old faction, Dante. They value their secrecy. They won't make another move because they play the long game. Couldn't imagine them wanting to draw more attention.

(As Lenneth says this, Marcy enters the room.)

Dante: Marcy?

Marcy: You're awake! I wasn't sure you'd make it.

Dante: Why is that?

Marcy: After we brought you and Eden here, you were very bad shape. Not mentioning your physical condition, you along with Eden were immersed in a lot of the same sinister magic that shot up into the sky. It took a lot of out of me and Kitara to cleanse the both of you. More so Kitara then myself if I'm telling the truth.

(Upon hearing this, Dante forces himself onto his feet, but quickly falls to a knee.)

Lenneth: Just what are you doing? In your current state, you shouldn't be moving.

Dante: I'm going to check up on Kitara.

Lenneth: Kitara is fine. She's resting as well and so should you. You're in no shape to do anything.

(Just as Lenneth says this, Dante gets back on his feet.)

Dante: I know my body's limit.

(As he says this, he uses Lenneth's old training staff to keep himself balanced as he tries to walk. While doing this, signals to Marcy to take him to Kitara.)

Dante: I will admit. I know that we got off to a very bad start, but I must say that you having been taking all of this very well. How much of this do you know, Marcy?

Marcy: Not much. All I know is that I don't want to feel that kind of magic again. It was so dark and evil that it woke up the big guy.

Dante: Who exactly is that?