Chapter 33

(With the sky absolutely pitch black, Stephen wakes up in the alleyway. Daze and confused walks out of the alley and to his surprise the entire Kingdom is quiet as if no one is there.)

Stephen: Just what is going on? Never in my years have I heard the entire kingdom this quiet. Is anyone even here? And why is the sky so dark? I can't even see the moon. Something's up. This has to be an illusion, a trap by those people in that house.

(As Stephen says this, he continues to walk through the empty kingdom. With each step he takes, flame torches hung in front of the homes start to light up. Once he reaches the Royal City, he begins to see a symbol drawn on every house he comes across.)

Stephen: What is sigil I'm seeing everywhere?

(Just Stephen gets closer to get a better look at the symbol, suddenly all of the houses and buildings that bear that mark burst into flames. As all of this is happening, Stephen looks towards the sky and suddenly two eyes open up staring at Stephen. The sky's mere gaze knocks Stephen unconscious, which in turn wakes Stephen up for real. As he stands up, he finds himself in a dead-end. Realizing this, he goes to the nearest citizen and asks them where the abandoned house has gone to in which they reply by saying "What abandoned house, Prince Stephen? That has always been a dead end." After hearing this, Stephen makes his way back to the palace. Not far the palace, in the tower, Kate continues her talk with Dante until Katherine Uesugi, mother of Kol and Willow runs up.)

Katherine: My apologies for the sudden intrusion, but I need your help, Kate.

(As Katherine says this, she looks in the cell and sees a grown-up Dante, whom she has seen since his execution years ago.)

Dante: Well hello to you too, Ms. Katherine. Shocked to see me?

Kate: Nevermind him. What is it that you need?

Katherine: Kol just sent me an ice hawk, signaling that he needs immediate help. I need you to create a portal to the Uesugi Village so that we can aid my family and clan before it's too late.

Kate: Very well then. Let us go now.

(As Kate says this, Stephen arrives just as Kate creates the portal.)

Kate: Stephen. You're right on time. Come, you will joining us in aiding Katherine and family.

(As Kate says this, Stephen looks at Dante.)

Dante: Didn't you hear mother? You have somewhere to be, brother.

Kate: Come on Stephen. We need to get a move on.

Stephen: Right.

(As they go through the portal, back over in the Uesugi Village, Willow creates a dome of ice over the village and then turn it into water in effort of putting out the fires. As this is happening, the portal opens up and out comes Katherine, Kate & Stephen. )

Katherine: Willow!

(Upon hearing her name being called, she turns around and runs towards Katherine and gives her a hug.)

Willow: You got his messager bird.

Katherine: I did. Where is Kol?

Willow: He's looking for father.

Stephen: What happened here, Willow?

(As Stephen says this, Kol walks up.)

Kol: The village was attacked while we were on our way back from the town down the road. Several fireballs lit up the sky and crashed down upon the village. So far I haven't found any survivors...Not even father.