Chapter 17

(Back over by Crow's Perch, on the training mountains, Lenneth offers her hand, helping Dante back up to his feet.)

Lenneth: If you could follow me. There is something I think I will need your assistance with.

Dante: If it is yet another one of your hunts, I'm afraid that it'll have to wait. I want to know more about the Black Crow.

Lenneth: It's dealing with my daughter Eden and if I can recall correctly, once upon a time you cared deeply for her.

Dante: And despite the fact that we have history, you are aware that I haven't seen her years. Has something happened to her?

Lenneth: No, but if she continues on with her the path she has chosen, she could find herself in deep trouble.

Dante: Talk.

Lenneth: Follow me to my study. I will explain everything in detail there.

(As Lenneth says this, they begin to make their way to Lenneth's study. As they do this, over in the Lockheart Kingdom, Stephen walks towards the door of the palace.)

Mason: A word Stephen?

Stephen: Not now father. I do not wish to talk to you. Now if you will excuse me, I'll be on my way.

Mason: You hate me.

(As Mason says this, Stephen turns around.)

Stephen: He was my brother. It doesn't matter if he was your son or not, Dante was my brother! He was a part of our family and you drove him away over suspicion of what you thought he would become. But I guess it doesn't matter now, does it? You've made him into the thing you thought he was destined to be and now he's coming after you. You have no one to blame for this, but yourself.

Mason: So what if Dante has the chance to take my life. Will you just stand there idly by or will you protect your family?

Stephen: Do not wait up for me. I'll be helping my mother rebuild the damage caused by the fight.

(As Stephen says this, he leaves. Meanwhile, back over at Crow's Perch, Dante and Lenneth enter her study. Once there, Lenneth takes a sit.)

Dante: So just what is Eden going up against?

Lenneth: Not a what, but who. Have you ever heard of an organization called The Order of Amatsu?

Dante: The Order of Amatsu?

Lenneth: I had thought not. The Order of Amatsu is a secret cult that worships the Chaos God, Amatsu Mikaboshi. An ancient being who lives and feeds off of chaos. This organization resides within the shadows, manipulating things behind the scenes. It is said that they had existed longer than most kingdoms.

Dante: And just what is their goal?

Lenneth: They wish to collect the pieces of the Divine Key to break the seal that divides us from the Divine Realm. They wish to bring back the Gods to our world slay them, throwing our world into chaos. And that chaos will feed Amatsu, resurrecting him.

Dante: Well I must say for a secret organization, you sure do know a lot about them. What's your problem with them?

Lenneth: The Order of Amatsu goes against this very establishment. This place, the Yatagarasu Temple was created to prevent Divine Interference. Meaning anyone who threatens to make contact with the Gods in any way must be dealt with. Since you've known me, you've probably thought that every mission that I've sent you on, every assassination were random, but I assure you they weren't. Each person that I've had you kill were either a member of the Amatsu or an Amatsu Worshiper.