Chapter 36

(Moments after Stephen and Mori make their exit, Mikael appears and claps his hands freeing both Azura and Vincent from Mori's Time Freeze.)

Azura: What the?!?

Vincent: What just happened?!?

Azura: That runt with the Prince froze us in time, letting them get away with the last piece.

Mikael: Nevermind that. Let us be on our way.

Azura: Not after I get my hands on Stephen and his friend.

Mikael: The time for preparations is done, Azura. While we do not have all the pieces, we have most of them.

Vincent: I'm afraid I don't get what you're saying?

Mikael: Ready your men, Azura. It's time we take a trip to the Lockheart Kingdom. The final battle is upon us.

(As Mikael says Azura starts to grin as the excitement starts to build up inside her.)

Azura: Its about time.

(Back over to the Lockheart Kingdom, in the tower, Dante's mind is still trying to fight off the chaos. As he balls up on the floor, the veins in his forehead begin to show as the mental strain is taking a heavy toll on him. Dante then calls out for the guards. After yelling for a few minutes,  one of the guards' cave and goes up top to see what's going on.)

Guard: If this is about you not wanting a red apple, I'm going to come in there and beat the living hell out of you!

Dante: Please...Go get my mother.

Guard: What for? Why sure I go and disturb the Queen? What? Because you said so? I don't think so.

Dante: You don't understand. I need her assistance...Now!!!

(As Dante says this, his eyes changed into the Shuketsugan for a brief moment, but quickly returns to normal.)

Guard: Okay. I will go alert the Queen.

(As the guard walks away, Stephen and Mori both arrive back at the Kingdom. Once there, they go to the palace where they are greeted by Mason.)

Mason: Back so soon?

Mori: Yes my lord. And we bring great news along with us.

(As Mori says this, Stephen shows Mason the last piece of the Cube.)

Mason: Excellent work you two. Give it here, I'll go put this in the Lockheart Archives.

Stephen: Is mother still dealing with the crystal?

(Just as Stephen asks this, Kate walks down the aisle as she enters the palace.)

Kate: You're back so soon. I take it you've retrieved the final piece of the cube?

Stephen: I have.

Mason: I'm going to take to the archives if that's okay with you?

Kate: Yes, the archives is a good place to store it. We don't know how much time we'll have left until Mikael makes his move.

(As Kate says this, a guard enters the room.

Guard: Please excuse the intrusion, my Queen, but I'm am here by the constant request of Dante. He says its important and judging by how he looks I'd say he's telling the truth.

Mason: Just who does he think he is by requesting the Queen. You go back there and tell him his request fell on deaf ears.

Kate: No. I will go.

Mason: I don't understand why are you entertaining him? Clearly, he is delusional. He thinks that he can try and guilt you into letting him go free.