Chapter 12

(A few days have passed since the battle between Dante & The Royal Heirs. It's early in the day as Dante wakes up in his bed back at his hideout, his body covered in more bandages with his right eye being wrapped as well. As he sits up, Kitara walks in.)

Kitara: I see that you've finally woken up from your rest.

Dante: Why didn't you wake me earlier?

Kitara: Well to be honest Dante no matter how strong you are, your body needed that rest.

Dante: How long have I been out for? A few days I imagine?

Kitara: Yes. It's been five days, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that I have completed the serum for you.

Dante: I assumed you did. Tell me, where is my sword?

Kitara: You left it on the battlefield. Don't worry though. Reach out your hand and it'll come back as long as it isn't destroyed.

Dante: Knowing Stephen and Lunafreya, I highly doubt that it's destroyed, but that doesn't matter right now. I'll retrieve it at a later time.

(Kitara takes out a small vial of a glowing red mystic fluid & hands it to Dante.)

Kitara: There is your serum.

(As Kitara says this, he downs the serum & throws the vial.)

Kitara: Given that its a liquid, it'll need time to bind to your DNA. So it might be a while before your transition into becoming an upgraded Para.

Dante: That's reasonable I guess. Tell me Kitara, where is the witch?

Kitara: I honored my deal with her and let her go. I teleported her to the location of her choice.

Dante: I'm afraid that your decision wasn't the best.

Kitara: We wasn't gonna hold her hostage Dante.

Dante: Yes, but it was the only way to keep her safe. There are people out there who are looking for her. In the short time that I was killing those witches, I came across a word, "Kitsune". It means Fox Spirit or a person who is a host of a Fox Spirit. And I believe that Marcy is, in fact, a Kitsune. It would explain her incredible power and how she was able to knock you off your feet.

Kitara: But how do you know she's in trouble?

Dante: I've heard rumors of people chasing down a Kitsune so they can take and harness its power for themselves. The Witch Coven was the one protecting her all that time, but now that I've killed them all, she's now all on her own.

(Dante gets up & puts on some shoes. Once he does this, he walks up to Kitara.)

Dante: And besides...Going off the look on your face, I can tell you want to help her, to protect her. You feel as it's your duty to do so and you will. Consider it as taking on an apprentice. I think you'll love the wisdom that being a mentor provides.

(As Dante says this, he walks outside & right behind him is Kitara.)

Kitara: Since you've been asleep, allow me to ask you a question.

Dante: Go ahead.

Kitara: Why did you reveal yourself? I don't remember that being the plan.

Dante: I figured that it was time. Besides if I didn't, I would imagine that they would've figured it out if that hadn't already. Not to mention since now my identity is no longer a secret, Mason knows that I'm coming him.

Kitara: Well I guess that plan failed seeing as everyone thinks you're dead. Like I told you, it's been five days since the fight.

Dante: Well then. I think it's time for a family reunion, don't you?