Chapter 4

(A few days pass as Stephen wakes up in his room. He tries to sit up, but his wounds prevent any sudden movements as the pain begins to kick in. As this happens, Ken walks into his room.)

Ken: I see you're finally awake. That's good for me haha! Your parents would've killed me if you hadn't.

Stephen: Ken? How am I here? What happened?

Ken: You were beaten pretty badly by The Bloody Crow. Your injuries were extremely extensive. I saw the Crow standing over you so I decided to grab you and retreat.

Stephen: I see.

(As Stephen says this, he looks down in defeat.)

Ken: I know that look. You can't take the blame for what happened Stephen.

Stephen: Can I not? Sin was right about me. This whole time I've let my Crimson blood go to my head and bit off more than I could chew.

Ken: That isn't true.

Stephen: He wiped the floor with me, Ken! I didn't land a single blow!

(As Stephen says this, his father King Mason walks into his room.)

Mason: It isn't like you to sulk in your failure, Stephen.

Stephen: Father.

Mason: Would you two follow me to my reading chamber?

(As Mason says this, they make their way to Mason's Reading Room.)

Mason: It has been four days since Ken brought you back here battered and bruised beyond belief. It is time that you two explain to me what took place.

Stephen: After witnessing the Bloody Crow drop that mercenary from the Watch Tower, I noticed that both mercenaries were from the Ragnarock group.

Mason: So you decided to go to Ragnarock's Camp to do what?

Stephen: To warn them, but by the time we got there the majority of them had been killed.

Ken: That is when we found out that there is more than one Crow.

Mason: More than one Crow? You're saying that there are more Crow Assassins?

Ken: Yes sir.

Mason: Mmmm.......And given the injuries that you both sustained, I imagine that they were formidable.

Stephen: They were more than formidable, father. Even with our strength, we stood no chance against them. We need more training before we can face them again.

Mason: Indeed so. But if its strength that you wish to possess, then you must go to the Lockheart Chamber underneath the August Wolfheart's Archives.

Stephen: The Lockheart Chamber? The same place where August trained?

Mason: Indeed. You and August both share the Crimson Blood and the Lockheart Chamber was made specifically for August to hone his Crimson abilities. I think it's time that you partake in that same training. Ken along with you.

Ken: Me? But I'm not a Crimson Blood.

Mason: You don't need to be one to enter. I know this because I have entered the Chamber.

Stephen: You have?

Mason: I did. After reading August's journals, I learned that many things regarding the Lockheart Chamber's effects on the body and its origin. The true name of the Lockheart Chamber is called The Omni, but since its rediscovery years ago, your mother's great grandfather renamed it.

Ken: How long were you able to last within the Omni?

Mason: Even with my strength and endurance, I could not physically withstand being there for no more than two months. I noticed that the essence that the Omni gives off taxes the body of a normal Para more than a Crimson Blood.

Stephen: Has mother ever been inside the Omni?

Mason: Given the fact that she is a Heretic, a direct descendant of an Ancient One, she cannot enter, but I highly doubt that it bothers her given her immense magic.

Stephen: I see. I believe that is more than enough information to go on. We will make our way to the Lockheart Chamber immediately.

Mason: Best of luck on your training.

Stephen: Thank you, father. We will do our best, you have my word.

Mason: I know you will. Both of you have made me proud of everything you've accomplished. I have no doubt you will progress further.

(As Mason says this, Stephen and Ken leaves to begin their training. Moments after this, Kate walks in.)

Kate: Who would've thought you could be so kind Mason?

Mason: Haha! I felt I must show my gratitude towards them. They both have grown since their younger years. Both of them chasing after one another to see who's better, then slowly becoming protectors of this very kingdom. You can't help, but to be amazed at their growth.

Kate: I can agree that it's been an honor watching them grow, but I must ask about the knowledge that we've just learned.

Mason: Yes. Knowing that there could possibly be even more Crows is very troublesome. Do you think that they all are related to her?

Kate: To Lenneth? It's a very good chance that they are her underlings. Do you think that the Black Crow intends on finishing what me and her started all those years ago?

Mason: I'm not sure Kate, but if there are more then we must strengthen our defenses, starting with the barrier. If the Bloody Crow was able to slither in without being detected, I imagine that it would be no challenge for Lenneth to simply walk right in.

Kate: You are right. I will begin my work shortly. I suggest that you prep yourself as well. It's been a while since you had a formidable foe.

Mason: Indeed so. You know while this situation is indeed dire, I can't help but to look forward to rejoining the battlefield.

Kate: Back when I was known as the Scarlet Sorceress, all I did was fight and I relished in it. I do not wish to become her again in this time and age, but I will if it's for the protection of the Lockheart Kingdom and my family. I just hope that it doesn't come to that. I'm off to my spell room, we will finish this conversation later my dear.