Chapter 19

(A few hours pass since Stephen, Mori, and Ken has learned from Mori's Time Manipulation technique that the Leader of Ragnarock, Azura has recruited another strong and unique Para. Currently, back over by Dante's hideout, Marcy is sent crashing into the ground by Kitara. After this, she rolls over onto her back and tries to take in some air.)

Kitara: You are quite the wonder. After only a few hours of sparring with me, you've picked up on a few of my habits and managed to incorporate your magic into your strikes. That is not an easy feat for a person your age, Marcy.

Marcy: I almost had you.

Kitara: Funny? I don't recall ever using any magic against you?

(As Kitara says this, she walks over to Marcy and sits down. After this, she snaps her fingers and suddenly a fire starts. As this happens, Marcy sits up and dust herself off.)

Kitara: That was very impressive for your first sparring match with me, Marcy. Are you hurt anywhere?

Marcy: No I'm fine, I'm just exhausted.

Kitara: Would you like some food?

Marcy: You can cook?

Kitara: Well not in the traditional way.

(As Kitara says this, she snaps her fingers instantly creating a large slab of meat cooking over the fire and on side of is a pot boiling soup.)

Marcy: You can create food?

Kitara: No. I simply used magic to retrieve the ingredients for our meal.

Marcy: So you picked an animal and prepared it, all with your magic? With a snap?

Kitara: Yes. It was an easy trick I learned as a child, training with my mother. She told me that my quickest spells should be for my necessities in life. So I thought of food.

Marcy: You have to teach me that! What else did your mother teach you? How strong was she?

Kitara: She taught me a lot with the time she was given.

Marcy: Wait that's right. I heard that Ragnarock girl say something about knowing information about the man who killed your mother. I'm so sorry, Kitara.

Kitara: It's okay, Marcy. That was years ago.

Marcy: Are you still searching for him?

Kitara: I was for a long time, but got nowhere. Since then, I've joined Dante.

Marcy: Have you asked Dante for his help?

Kitara: No. This is something he cannot help with. Hunting whoever killed my mother is something only I can do. There will come a time when I'll be ready to hunt, and I must leave you, I just that you will be strong enough to look after yourself.

Marcy: Don't worry, I will make the most of our time together. Will you come back?

Kitara: Of course. I made you a promise, right?

Marcy: Yeah.

(As Marcy says this, both their stomachs growl.)

Kitara: Let's eat shall we?

Marcy: Oh I thought you would like have never ask!

(As Marcy says this, they begin to eat. Far out east, well beyond the Four Kingdom Region, Dante is walking through a forest, on his way to meet up with one of Lenneth's oldest contacts.)

Dante: If I would've known it would take so long to get here, I would have flown here on Yatagarasu instead of leaving him behind. Nevertheless, the night has started to fall. Once I'm in the Grand City of Onfroy, I'll meet with Kura and be on my way. I must move fast if I want to find Eden. Just the thought of the foul mood she may be in already has me worried. I just hope that she's grown a tad more civilized since when I first met her.

Flashback begins

(Five years ago, within a burning kingdom, Dante stands alone amidst the endless number of bodies that he has killed.)

Dante: Is that it?!? Was that all that your pathetic kingdom could offer?!? How embarrassing.

(As Dante says this, Lenneth & Eden both hop down from the rooftops and proceeds to walk towards Dante.)

Lenneth: Like I told you, Eden. He has potential.

Eden: While that may be true, he sure does like to hear himself talk.

(Upon hearing this, Dante walks up.)

Dante: Well I can assure you that I have the power back up what I say.

Eden: Was that arrogance that I heard?

Dante: What you see as arrogance, I see as confidence.

Eden: Hmpt! Do you think that you're strong? Do not think because you wiped out this kingdom and that my mother has taken a liking to you mean that you can say whatever you want to me. I can kill you with close to no effort.

(As Eden says this, Dante takes off his mask as he walks closer to her. Then once he's close enough, he leads over to Eden's ear.)

Dante: So what are you waiting for? I am in your way, am I not?

Lenneth: That will be enough from both of you. Good job, Dante. Taking out this place was vital to our case. Let us go.

Flashback ends

(As the flashback ends, a black-haired woman is looking at the city from her balcony. After a few moments of this, she walks back inside and makes her way to her office where she locates people using a near-perfect sight. As she is looking at the center of the table where her continent-wide map is laying on, she notices that she isn't alone anymore.)

Kura: Does The Black Crow know that you're here?

(As she says this, Dante emerges from the shadows with his mask off.)

Dante: Lenneth is the one who sent me to you, Kura.

Kura: You know my name? Then can I assume you know which clan I hail from?

Dante: I do. I've even fought against one.

(As Dante says this, Kura takes a closer look at Dante. While she does this, her grey eyes start to glow.)

Kura: Oh I remember you. You are Lenneth's top student. Dante Lockheart, also known as The Bloody Crow. I've heard a great deal about you and your situation. Have you ever considered looking into your father's lineage?

Dante: I have not.

Kura: Well then may I suggest that you start?

Dante: Maybe when I have the time, but that isn't why I'm here tonight. Can you help me locate Eden?

(As Dante says Eden's name, she jumps up.)

Kura: Eden as in Lenneth's daughter?

Dante: Yes. Apparently, she may be in trouble.

(As Dante says this, Kura begins searching the map.)

Kura: May I ask what kind of trouble?

Dante: It may involve the Order of Amatsu.

Kura: So she finally told you? Good. I think it's good that she did. She had long been in an external conflict with herself over if she should tell you the truth.

Dante: Well it has gotten to the point where she had to tell me. Now then, can you find her?

Kura: I just did. She's in a town far north of here, very close to the magical barrier that divides us from the Land of Ataria. Just what is she doing so far out there?

Dante: That is something I must find out. Thank you for your help, Kura.

Kura: Hold on one second. I have something for you.

(As she says this, Kura hands Dante a map within an envelope.)

Kura: I urge you that you look into that when you can. A gift from me.

Dante: I see. Thank you.

(As Dante says this, he leaves into the night.)