Chapter 10: Hero Names & Internships, The Worry Of A Friend

Start from the beginning

"Good morning!" You all replied as Ryu just sat silently.

"Ribbit? Mr. Aizawa, your bandages are gone. I'm glad." Tsu said to him.

"The old lady went overboard with her treatment. More importantly, we're having a special hero informatics class today." He informed everyone.

"Here it is!" Everyone thought.

"Special"? Is it a quiz? I hope not..." Kaminari thought in worry.

"I'm bad at laws relating to heroes and stuff like that..." Kirishima thought worryingly as well.

There was silence from Aizawa before he finally spoke up and everyone listened closely.

"Code names. You'll be coming up with hero names." He said plainly.

"We're gonna do something exciting!" Everyone cheered except for Ryu, Bakugo, and Todoroki, but Aizawa used his quirk briefly to scare everyone back into submission as you all sat quietly.

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks I mentioned the other day. The drafts begin in earnest in the second year and third years, after students have gained experience and become immediate assets to the pros. In other words, for them to extend offers to first years like you shows that they are interested in your future potential. These offers are often cancelled if that interest dies down by graduation." He said to everyone.

"Adults are so selfish!" Mineta said lowly as he banged his desk lightly in frustration.

"So we'll have to prove ourselves once we get picked, huh?" Toru asked Aizawa.

"That's right. And here are the totals for those with offers." He said as he pressed a button on a remote and a screen on the board showed how many offers each student got.

At the top of the offers were both you and Ryu, tying with the same amount, under you was Todoroki, then Bakugo, Tokoyami, Iida, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, Uraraka, and Sero, a major drop off of offers after Todoroki.

"In other years, it's been more spread out but all eyes were on these two this year." Aizawa said referring to you and Ryu.

"Gah, there's such a big difference!" Kaminari complained.

"Those pros don't know a good thing when they see one!" Aoyama said.

"Y/N and Ryu are both first, and Todoroki is second...?" Jiro said in surprise.

"I'm surprised they weren't tied for first in the sports festival, it must be due to Y/N protecting everyone from his final attack when he went..." Kirishima trailed off as he grew a scared feeling knowing that Ryu was staring at him with a dark aura.

"Go on." He said menacingly as Kirishima zipped his mouth shut and looked away.

"You'd think people would too scared to ask someone who almost blew everyone up." Sero said, completely oblivious Ryu was here as he slammed his desk.

"SAY IT AGAIN TOILET PAPER HERO!" Ryu yelled as Sero begged for forgiveness.

"You're amazing, Y/N-kun." Momo said with a sad smile.

"Don't worry babe, you've got some great internships lined up I bet. I'm just lucky." You said as she kissed your cheek and held your hand.

"Wow, we got offers!" Uraraka said while shaking Iida back and forth in his chair.

"Yes, yes." He said while getting dizzy.

"Midoriya, you didn't get any! They're too scared of you 'cause of the crazy way you were fighting." Mineta said while shaking him as Midoriya sat in his chair slightly embarrassed.