Chapter Twenty.

(Sorry if this chapter is boring, I just needed to add a filler-chapter before we get into the case.)

|Rk900/Conans POV|
I sit there with the detective curled up on my lap. I run the tips of my fingers up and down his bare back. "Do you want anything to eat?" He shifts himself so he's looking at me "Not really...." I raise an eyebrow "Why not?" He frowns "I'm just not hungry.." "Are you sure there's nothing bothering you?" He looks down "Just... It's been a tiring few days with Micheal and that... body..." He closes his eyes for a moment before looking down at his lap "Well, first of all don't worry yourself over that bastard, he's not worth it at all. And secondly, that's completely understandable. It's definitely not something I'm going to forget either." He makes a face of remorse "I shouldn't have left the tent.." I pull him close and use my finger to tilt his head up so he's looking at me "Why does it matter if you couldn't look at something like that? It took a lot for me to stay there myself." He tries his best to smile. "If I make you something will you please eat?" He nods once. "Thank you." I give him a quick peck before he slides off of me and we go into the kitchen. "Don't make too much... Please." I nod and he tells me he just wants some toast or something like that. I can't help but worry about him. I also have a feeling it's a bit more than the case.... Maybe Michael has something to do with it... I shake my head "Conan?" I look over at the detective "Yes?" "You zoned out...." I blink and apologise. Once he finished, he dicided to have a shower while I tidy up a bit.

|Gavin's POV|
I climb into the shower and sigh. I stand there and let the water run over me. I wonder what Conan would think.... I shake my head. I wash myself before stepping out and wrapping a towel around my waist. I open the door and go into mine and Conans room to get changed. I put on some underwear and sweats before Conan knocks on the door. "Are you changed, Gavin?" "Yeah, come in." He opens the door and walks in. His eyes suddenly scan my collarbone. "...Sorry." He tries to cover his smirk. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion then walk over to the mirror and look to see a purple mark sitting on my left collarbone. I roll my eyes "You're not sorry at all." I turn to see him grin "Nope." He walks over and grazes his fingers over the mark. "I hope I can cover this up..." He looks over the mark "You shoud be able to... Just don't wear a v-neck." He mumbles. "Either that or wear a jacket a do it up." I nod.  I climb into bed while he gets changed before he joins me. "When do you think the autopsy will done?" I ask, lying down on my back. He thinks for a moment. "I'm not completely sure.. It could be done tomorrow or next week.." I sigh at the tought of waiting that long. Conan shifts closer to me and lays his head on my chest and lays his arm over my stomach. "Let's just pray it was a one-off murder..." Conan hums in agreement. He leans up and kisses me "Try and get some sleep Gavin, alright?" I nod and snuggle down with him. I tried my best to sleep but kept waking up in the night.

The next morning we got up and went to work even though we were supposed to stay at home until the results came back. We get out of the car and begin walking inside. "You didn't sleep, did you?" Conan scans over my face. "Not really. I'll just have a coffee when we get in." Conan nods, unsure. When we enter I straight to the cafeteria and make a coffee. Instead of sitting at my desk, I sit on the chair in front of Conans. "Did they come back?" He shakes his head while he continues to flick through the files on the computer. "Some good news though. There haven't been any recent cases like that one." He beams. I take a sip of my coffee "Yeah, that's good but it's early days yet.." He flicks my hand "Don't be pesimistic." He pouts. I smile at how cute it makes him look before rolling my eyes, amused. The whole day went by slow with no news of the results.

Like I said, Sorry if it's boring. I promise I'll have the next chapter out today aswell. Also, sorry for not updating it yesterday. I've had a rough few days.. 😅 The next chapter will be a lot longer!!