Chapter Six ✓

|Gavin's POV|

I go into the cafeteria and begin to make myself a coffee. I can't have referred to it as a him... It's not a him, not at all. It's just a fucking machine. And that's it!
Once I've made my coffee I return to my desk, sit down and enjoy the peace. I glance over at the tin can. I haven't had a chance to study it's face. I scan over its perfectly constructed face. I watch as it types away on it's computer and how its LED flashes yellow when it's confused or thinking. "Yo, tin can?" It looks over at me "Yes, detective?" I scan over it's uniform "Do you have to wear that uniform everyday?" It looks away in thought. "To be honest, I don't know. I suppose I do, but if it's alright with who I work for than I guess I don't..." I nod "I need to go shopping anyways, I'll pick you up some clothes. I can't stand the freaking uniform of yours." It nods and looks back at its computer. I swear it looked excited... No, it couldn't have. Androids can't show emotions...

The rest of the day was rather slow so we left at half four. We would be available for a night shift anyways, so why stick around? Like I said to the tin can earlier, we need to go shopping. We leave the station and go to the supermarket.
"Food or clothes shopping first?" I ask the complicated juicer. "It would make more sense to go clothes shopping first as if we went food shopping we'd have to carry heavy bags around." I look at him "Alright, Captain obvious, I just wanted to know what you wanted..." It tenses up "What..  I want? I am unable to want, detective." I grab it's arm and drag it into a random clothes shop. I can't be arsed to listen to it blab any longer.
"Pick something." I mumble. It looks at me "What?" I groan "Look around and tell me if there is anything you like... Freaking plastic prick." It nods and smiles. Wait, it smiled. Can Androids do that?... I guess so... I look for a seat and wait for it to finish.

After a little while it comes up to me with a shirt and a pair of trousers.
"Will these be okay detective?" I stand up "Come on, I'm not buying you anything unless I know it fits." I send it into the changing room and wait. He soon comes out in a pair of black skinny jeans and a long sleeved grey t-shirt. I must admit, those clothes don't leave much to the imagination...
"Detective?" I look up at him "Do these fit alright?" He questions, looking over himself in the mirror. I nod and look away, the muscle in my jaw tensing as I grit my teeth together. He goes back in and changes back into his uniform. He pulls the curtain across and walks up to me.
"If it is alright with you, detective, I would like to purchase these." "Grab some underwear and stuff first..." it nods and does as it's told, although it did seem confused. I stand up and begin walking to the counter. I give the Android the money for the clothes. He walks up and hands them to the ship keeper.
"I'm sorry, I can't sell clothes to an Android..." The lady mumbles, obviously bored. "They're for me!" I inform the lady. "Oh, alright then. Although, they do seem a little big- ." She stops speaking, scans the items and the tin can pays for them. He walks up to me, bag in hand and gives me the change.
"Alright, let's go get some food shopping. I want to go home already." I walk away before the Android even gets a chance to say anything.

The food shopping doesn't take that long, after all, I'm still only buying for me. It felt wierd to be honest, knowing that there are two people living in a house and still buying for one. Wait, two people? I mean a person and an Android! Of course I'm only buying for one person! I sigh,
"Is everything alright, detective?'' I look at it "What do you mean?" His eyes scan over my face "You seem... Troubled." I shake my head "I'm..fine." I mumble. We pack the couple of bags we have in the boot, get in and drive home.

I go to grab the bags out of the boot when the Android stops me
"Please, detective, go and rest. I can manage." I glance at him. "No, let me take one." The Android looks at me "Detecti-" "Just get your arse inside!" I grouch, handing it the keys. It nods and grabs a bag, as well as it's own one while I grab the other. I close the boot while it opens the door and holds it open for me. I walk past it and place my bag on the kitchen table. The Android does the same after closing and locking the door. It also places it's bag of clothes at the door so it can bring them down to it's room later. I begin to unpack the shopping.
"Detective Reed, sit back and relax in the livingroom. I'll take care of this." The Android states. I don't even look at him as he also begins unpacking. "I can't leave it all to you, tin can." I mutter. He stops and I feel him stare at me "Its my job detective..." I shrug and grab the sugar and coffee jar then stride over to the cupboard. I open in and place the items inside. I turn to see him looking at me with the most unusual expression.
"What?" It looks away quickly. "It's nothing, detective." I raise an eyebrow but judging by it's expression, I better not push the subject. Can Androids be upset? No, surely I'm just imagining things. I continue to pack away stuff as does the tin can.

|Rk900/Conans POV|

I look away quickly from the detective. I don't know why but I feel... Yes, I-I feel... I don't know how to say it... What is this? I see another 'softwear instability' appear. I bite my lip as I put the milk and butter in the fridge. Does this make me a deviant?... I'll be deactivated...

After we're done packing away the items I put on the kettle for the detective. I hand him the coffee when I'm finished
"Here you go, just the way you like it." He nods and takes the cup. He's sitting at the table. "Well, what would you like to eat for dinner?" He shrugs. "Whatever you're willing to do." He mumbles. I roll my eyes and look at what there is to make. I decide on a simple curry. I put the rice on and place the chicken in a pan. "Detective, how spicy do you like your curry?" I ask as I cook the chicken. He turns to face me "Um... Not too spicy..." I nod and leave the chicken to slowly cook as I make the sauce. "Detective..." I hold out a spoon to him. Instead of taking the spoon, he places his hand on mine and guides the spoon into his mouth. I freeze and stare at our hands. His hand is... Warm...
"It's perfect..." I continue to stare at our hands. He snaps his fingers in front of my face "Conan?" I snap my gaze to his face "Yes, detective?" He raises and eyebrow in, dare I say it, worry. "I said it's perfect..." I pull my hand away from his "Good! Good...!" Wait, did he use my name. No, of course he didn't.... Did he? I continue to prepare his dinner in silence.

I place a plate of perfectly prepared curry in front of him
"Would you like another coffee?" I offer. He shakes his head "Nah, you've done enough for today. Go and do whatever you like." He tucks into his dinner while I wonder what to do.

Edited ✓