Chapter Five ✓

|Rk900/Conans POV|

I tread carefully through the dusty and dark basement, followed close by the detective. I search for any signs of movement. I hear a rustling sound to my left. I grab the detective and push him behind me causing him to sqeak slightly as raise my gun. A rat pops it's head out of a pile of rubbish. I roll my eyes and turn to the detective who had an eyebrow raised. I shake my head "Sorry, I heard something. It was just a rodent." He glares at me and continues searching. After a good twenty minutes we come to the conclusion that the basement is empty. We meet back at the hatch, as arranged. "Find anything, tin can?" "No. Did you?" He shakes his head and looks up through the hatch. "How are we supposed to get out?" I place my gun back in it's holster and link my hands together, crouching slightly. I nod to my hands signalling for the detective to use my hands as a boost. He places a hand on my shoulder and a foot on my hands. "One... Two... Three!" On three he pushes upwards and grabs the edge of the hatch while I push him up. He climbs up with a soft grunt. He then turns and puts a hand down. I look at him confused
"Detective, I am a machine. I can get out." He groans "Just, come on!" I reach up and grab his hand. He pulls me up so I can reach the edge of the hatch and pull myself up. "Thank you, detective." He begins to walk out of the room when a figure races past him. I pull out my gun and grab the detective by the hood of his jacket, flinging him behind me. He hits the ground with a large thud but it's better than being killed. The figure stops and puts its hands up.
"Who are you?!" I demand "Model: Se700 number: #355_120_754." It replies. I hear the detective shuffle to stand up. I walk over to the suspect "Keep your hands up!" I put my gun away, grab their wrists and place them in hand cuffs.
"Geez, you could have pushed me with a little less force..." He grunts, rubbing his lower back. I look at him with an apologetic expression "I'm sorry, detective. I just didn't want you to get hurt." He looks at me in disbelief "So you fling me at the floor with the force of a freaking rhino! You really are a complicated juicer!" He chuckles slightly. I smile at him. I...smile? When did I learn to smile? I brush off the thought for later. I guide the suspect out of the house and into the back of the detectives car. We climb into the car and make our way back to the station.

The detective putd the suspect in one of the empty cells while I go and report to the captain. I knock on the door and enter
"Captain. A suspect has been captured." He looks at me in surprise "Really? Bring them into the interrogation room now." I nod and go to find detective Reed.

|Gavin's POV|

I stand outside the cell after placing the suspect inside. I wait for the tin can to return to find out what we're doing. He turns the corner with the captain behind him.
"Detective, we are to bring the suspect to the interrogation room." I nod and unlock the cell "Come on!" I mumble to the suspect who shuffles over to me. I grab them by the arm and guide them to the interrogation room. I cuff them to the table before I walk outside and mumble to the captain and the tin can
"Who's questioning them?" The tin can replies with "Why don't you do it, Detective?" I sigh but nod as I'm handed a file by the captain. I see Hank and Connor enter the viewing room as well as the tin can. The captain returns to his office. I re-enter the room and sit down in front of the suspect.
"So, we found a body on the seventeenth of November that had been dead since the fourteenth. It had twenty-five bullet holes. What can you tell me about it?" The suspect looks up at me, panicked. "I ... I..." It shakes it's head and looks back down. I take out a couple of photos of the body and place them in front of it. "Come on, I need to know." I sit forwards and lean my elbows on the table. "He... He told me to do it! He said that he couldn't live anymore. He ordered me to do it!" I nod "You do realize that makes you a deviant. A robot may not harm a human even if ordered to do so. It violates the three laws." It looks up at me again with  an even more panicked expression. "Give me one moment." I mumble, getting up and walking to the door. I go into the viewing room.
"Yo! Tin can! Come in with me!" The Android follows me out. "What is it, detective?" "Can you tell if people are lying or not?" It thinks for a moment. "Well, yes and no. It's complicated-" I wave away the explanation "Just come in with me and tell me if it's lying." It nods and follows me into the interrogation room. "Right, are you certain that's what happened?" The suspect nods "Yes, I'm certain." I look at the complicated juicer who just nods. "You're being charged with assisted suicide. You will be sent back to Cyberlife for deactivation. That's all. You will be collected in the morning until then you will remain in a cell." I stand up and exit the room with the tin can.
"You did a good job, detective." I stare at it "What?" I blurt. It turns to look at me "I said you did a good job." I furrow my eyebrows but shake it off "Of course I did. It's me!" I say in a cocky tone. It rolls it's eye and walks to into the captains office. I follow it and take a seat inside the office. "You did a good job detective." The captain complements me. I gesture to the Android "So did he." The Androids head snaps in my direction with surprise on it's features. I look at it, confused. "Yes, rk900 did a good job too. Now, detective, I'm sure another case will pop up soon enough. Have a good day." I nod "You too, captain."  I walk over to the door. "Thank you, Captain." I hear the machine say. We walk back to our desks and flop down on our chairs.

|Rk900/Conans POV|

I sit back on my chair.
"At least the case has been solved, hey detective." He looks at me and nods "Can I ask you something?" "You technically just did." He glares at me. "Of course you can Detective." He sits up "Why did you stare at me like that back in the captains office?" I reply with "Well, detective, you referred to me as a person and not a machine. You've never done that before. Also, at the house, you used my name..." The tips of his ears go red "No, I didn't!" I chuckle. I freeze as does the detective. "Did I just... Laugh?" I mutter, confused. The detective nods just as confused as I am. I suddenly see 'software instability'. My eyes widen.
"What's up with you, complicated juicer?" I shake my head "Oh, it's nothing. I just got notified that a minor update is needed..." He nods and decides its time for a coffee.

Edited ✓