Chapter Twelve ✓

|Gavin's POV|

Conan goes to find the captain while I go to my desk and contact Cyberlife. I call the number and get put on hold
"I hate being put on hold. Those fucking Pricks" After five... Fucking... Minutes... I get through to someone. I explain the situation and they said to send the Android to Cyberlife as soon as we can. Afterwards I go to find Conan. I find him just walking out of the captains office. "Any luck?" He asks "Yes, Cyberlife said get the Android over as soon as possible. They'll send us the memory drive when they're done." He grins "Some good news for once!" I nod and can't help but smile at his enthusiasm. "The captain has already sent some officers with the Android to Cyberlife already.." I nod.
"So... what do we do now?" He questions after a moment of  silence. I reply with "Now, we wait. There isn't much else we can do." Conan smirks "The Captain said we can go home until the memory drive is sent back, thanks to my genius self!" I stare at him "You're pulling my leg!" Conans face contorts into confusion. "But detective-" "It's a term of phrase! Don't question it!" I chuckle as he nods slowly. I check the time on my phone
"Good, we have time. Conan, want to go shopping? I need to get a few bits in anyways." He nods and grins "Of course, detective." We leave the station and head to the town.

We wander around random shops, looking for nothing in particular. The only thing I was certain about is that I need food. We were just walking down a street when Conan stops. I pause and look at him
"Whats wrong?" He points to a shop "Can we go inside?" I look at the shop he's pointing at to see a pet shop. I roll my eyes "I guess, if you really want to." He nods and begins walking in at a very quick pace. So quick that I have to jog to catch up to him. We enter the shop to be greeted by the shop keeper
"Good afternoon! Is there anything I can do to help?" I shake my head "We're fine, thanks." Conan looks in all of the fish tanks, completely amazed. He then spots a cage of kittens. His eyes light up as he practically runs over and crouches down to look at them. He puts his fingers through the gap in the cage as a kitten wanders over to investigate him. "Detective, can I hold one?" I shrug "I'll ask for you." I go up to the shop keeper and ask if he can hold one of the kittens. He leans in and asks, in utter shock "The Android wants to hold one?" I play it off cool and mumble "Yeah, if you don't mind." He raises and eyebrow but complies by opening the cage and handing Conan a black and ginger kitten. The Android detective nearly melts as the kitten "mews" at him. "Awe, detective. Look!" He walks up close to me and shows me the little ginger spot on it's forehead in the shape of a perfect circle. I reach out and scratch the kitten gently behind the ear earning a delighted purr.
"Detective, it's precious!" I can't help but awe slightly as Conan raised the little kitten to his face and kisses it gently on the head. I debate something... Hmm.. I wonder.. I just got paid so... Yeah, why not?
"Stay here." I command which Conan obeys. He sits on the floor and begins playing with the kitten. I walk up to the shop keeper and whisper "How much are your kittens?" He looks over at the Android "um.. fifteen.." I nod "I just need cat food and and a pet carrier." He looks at me "Do you have a litter tray and everything?" I nod "Yeah, I used to have a cat, poor thing passed of old age though. Never saw a reason to get a new one, but now.." I look over at Conan. He nods, extremely confused and kind of creeped out by the fact I'm buying it for an Android. He places a bag of kitten food on the table as well as a pet carrier. I pay him, grab the bag and carrier then turn to Conan.
"Come on, Conan." I mumble. He turns and raises his eyebrows "What are those for?" I glance at the items in my hands "Oh, these? They're just for your new kitten." He breaks out into a large smile. "Really?" I nod "Yes Conan. Now put it in here." He corrects me "Her." He opens the carrier and places his kitten into it as gently as he can. The little kitten meows in protest. "Here, take these and go back to the car. I'll be there in a minute. I need to grab some food shopping." He nods excitedly. We leave the shop, Conan going to the car and me into the grocery store.

We get home about half an hour later. Conan brings in the carrier and cat food first then returns to help with the food shopping even though there was only one bag and I'm a capable human. He closes the front door and dashes over to let out his new kitty. I go into my room and open my wardrobe and pull out a box. I then return to Conan
"Here, you'll need these.." He opens the box and retrieves a litter box and other stuff. He sets everything up while I make myself tea. I place my cup on the table and go to sit down when Conan rushes up to me and wraps his arms around me. "Thank you so much, detective!" I tense up but slowly wrap my arms around him. "Thank you so much!" He squeezes me slightly tighter, making me smile and hug back. He pulls back and gives me his best smile. I can't help but smile back and wonder what the weird feeling in my stomach is. "I'll make your dinner now, detective." He beams. I sit at the table and watch the kitten investigate everything.. literally!

The next morning, I get a call from the captain that the  memory drive has arrived back. When we arrive, we are brought straight into the captains office.
"Good news, the drive came back a lot quicker then expected. We'll watch it and then see what to do from there. Rk900, you may leave." Conan nods, wishes the captain a good day and exits his office. "I have some news for you too, detective Reed." I look at him confused "What is it?" He answers with "The means that you've been working so hard, I've contacted Cyberlife to take back Rk900 for deactivation. I told you it was only until you got off your ass and actually worked, you've done amazing these past few weeks so, I'm keeping my promise ."

Edited ✓