Chapter Sixteen ✓

|Gavin's POV|

We pull into the car park of the station. We both just sit there, mentally preparing ourselves. I sigh "We're going to have to go in sooner or later..." Conan looks at me with a defeated expression "Yeah, I guess you're right." We get out of the car and walk into the station. We sign in and I go to my desk while Conan makes me a cup of tea. He hands it to me
"Thank you Conan." He smiles and sits at his desk. The captain walks up to us
"Detective, do you remember what we were discussing the other day?" I tense my jaw and nod. "Well, that can wait. I actually need a favor from you.." I look at him "Tina just called in sick and needs someone to take over for her. I was wondering if you and Rk900 would do it for me?" I nod "Yeah, sure. What do we have to do?" He points to the evidence room. "I need you to organize the evidence room." I nod, silently thanking God. We get up and enter the evidence room to see two boxes of new evidence that need organizing. I grab the gloves and pull them on. I look at the computer while Conan opens one of the boxes. I realize that I don't know Tinas password.
"Shit." Conan looks up at me "What's wrong?" "I don't have the password I need!" Conan hands me a piece of paper. "Is this it?" I look at the paper to see a note that the captain must have left for whoever was going to take over. I enter the password and watch as the walls rise and release empty shelves, waiting to be stocked. Conan begins pulling out plastic bags of evidence. I walk up beside him and also begin emptying the box. He bumps me with his hip and smiles at me. I can't help but smile back at him.
"Detective?" I hum in response. When he doesn't reply I turn to look at him. I'm greeted with a soft kiss on the cheek. I feel my face heat up and stumble on my words "Put... put these up there.." I point to an empty shelf and try to calm the weird feeling in my stomach.. He nods, smiles and takes the bags then begins organizing them. I feel my face flush when he's facing away from me. Once I calm down I copy his actions and also begin stocking shelves. This is certainly a new feeling but it's more than welcomed.

It took us a good few hours to organize everything. I enter the password again and watch as all of the stuff we organized disappears behind the walls.
"That's a good job done." Conan states, placing his hands on his hips. I peel off the gloves and chuck them onto a table. "Yeah, although it took fucking hours!" I groan. He rolls his eyes, places his hands on my back and begins pushing me out of the room. "Come on, its lunch time." I smile and exit the room with Conan following along side me. We go into the cafeteria and I make another cup of tea. Conan leans up against on of the tables and watches me. I lean against the counter as my cup fills with water. I notice Conan staring at me. "What's wrong, complicated juicer?" He furrows his eyebrows "How did you get that scar on your nose?" I chuckle at the Androids curiosity "There's a lot more where that came from and.. I got punched." He rolls his eyes "Really know? I mean why were you punched." I debate whether or not to say it, even though it's slightly obvious. "I got punched... For being gay." The Android frowns "What a prick!" I had to chuckle "You're spending too much time with me.." The Android smiles and mumbles "Thats not such a bad thing." I feel my face heat up a bit as I turn to finish making my tea. We spent our lunch time just talking and enjoying each other's company.

|Rk900/Conans POV|

We decide, after the detective had finished his tea, to tell the captain that we were finished organizing the evidence. The detective knocks on the door and enters with me behind him.
"Have you finished?" The detective nods while I reply "Yes, sir. Everything is where it's supposed to be." He nods "Thank you Rk900. Now, I need to have a private word with the detective, if you don't mind." He gestures to the door. I thank him and leave. I go and sit at my desk and I watch as the detective and captain talk to each other. I look away and sit there, worried about what's going to happen next.

They talked for a good twenty minutes before the detective exits the office. He walks to my desk and stands beside me.
"Is everything alright?" He shakes his head. "What's happening?" He closes his eyes "Nothing..." I stare at him "No, tell me!" He opens his eyes and looks at me. "Nothing." "Plea-" He smiles at me "No, really. Nothing is happening." I raise an eyebrow "Does that mean..?" The detective grins "You're staying with me." I jump up from my seat and wrap my arms around him. He brings his hands up to my chest and grips the fabric of my uniform. I lean my head on his and smile.
"From day one I knew I wouldn't get rid of you that fucking easy...-"I roll my eyes "-But now thats the best thing that's ever happened to me." I look up to see basically the whole department staring at us in pure and utter shock. The detective pulls back but still holds the fabric if my shirt. I never realized how much I mean to him, and him to me, until now. He lets go then turns around and sees the people staring.
"Fuck off, you pricks!" He grumbles. And.. moment gone. I place a hand on his shoulder and laugh softly. I must admit...

I've never felt more alive.

Edited ✓