Chapter fifteen ✓

|Rk900/Conans POV|

I watch as the detective closes his door. I sit there for a few moments trying to comprehend what just happened. I reach up to my face and wipe away another few tears. I shake my head and check the time: half six. I, again, glance down the hall at the detectives door. He hasn't eaten yet.. I decide it would be best to make him something, even if he says he's not hungry. His health is important. In a way, it's a relief for me too. I can focus on the cooking instead of what just happened. I make him something small. Just some simple noodles and chicken with black bean sauce, I know he probably won't be too hungry after today. I place it on the table then walk to the detectives door. I knock lightly on it
"Detective..." I wait then hear a quiet "What?" "I know you said that you weren't hungry but I made you something small anyway, just in case." I go to walk away when I hear his door open. I turn to see him standing in sweats and a jumper. He looks tired and worn out. I notice that the tips of his ears are still red. He walks with me down the hall and into the kitchen. He sits and looks down at his dinner. I make him a cup of coffee, knowing that he'll need it. I place the cup in front of him. "I know you're not hungry but try and eat, even if it is just a little." He glances up at me, nods and takes a bite. "I'm going to miss your cooking.." he mumbles with a sad tone. I stand there awkwardly. He looks at me "you going to sit down or what?" I sit down and smile to myself. He takes another bite before turning his attention to me. "Conan. I.... I don't...." He furrows his eyebrows. He closes his eyes and blurts out the sentence as quickly as he can "I don't want you to leave me." My eyes widen and I reply with "I don't want to leave you either..." He looks at me in shock. "You... don't?" I nod "Of course I don't. Detective.. If I wasn't partnered with you I would just be existing just because I had to. You make me... Feel..." I trail off when I see his face flush with red. He looks away in attempt to hide his blush. He turns to me and mumbles slowly "I've never really been... In this situation before.. I've been with people, sure but.... Never like this..."  I raise and eyebrow "This situation?" He rolls his eyes and groans "I've never had strong feelings for anyone! Then you freaking wander into my life and give me these weird feelings! Freaking plastic prick.." I try to hide my smile but fail. I reach over and take his hand in mine. That's too much for the detective who hides his face with his free hand and blushes deeper. I never knew the detective could be so... What's the word?... Timid.. After he calms down a bit, he links his fingers with mine and mutters "I've never been good with these sorts of things... I've never had anyone return my feelings before.." I squeeze his hand slightly, catching his attention "It's definitely a first for me to.." He gives a small smile and tightens his grip on my hand, as if he was afraid I would let go.

We just sit there like that for a while. "I tried to speak with the captain about you staying but everything is against it.." I look at him "What do you mean?" "Everytime I try to ask him if you can stay, something gets it the way." I nod.
He soon yawns 
"I'm going to go to bed.." He looks at our hands. He gets up, not letting go and pulls me up too. He makes me follow him out of the kitchen, switching off the lights as we go by. He pulls me down the hall and into his room, switching on the light. He pulls me over to the bed. I'm extremely confused and nervous about the whole situation. He flicks on the lamp beside on his bedside table and switches off the other light. He leaves the room, confusing me further. He returns with the sweat pants he gave me. He throws them at me before removing his jumper. I look at his arm to see that the wound wasn't as bad as I thought it was which gave me some relief. He glances at me "Change..." He mumbles. I nod and change into the sweat pants, neatly folding my clothes and placing them on the end of the bed. He gets into his bed and pats the space beside him. I climb into the bed and lay down as does he. He lays on his right side, facing away from me. Then, he randomly puts his left hand in the air
"hand" he commands. I turn onto my right side also and place my left hand in his. He pulls my arm around him and snuggles his back against my chest.
"If it's our last night together, I'm not spending it alone." I smile and snake my other arm around him, pulling him closer to me. I feel the warmth of his body flood through mine. I close my eyes and enter sleep mode, enjoying the moment before shutting down for the night.

|Gavin's POV|

I pull the Android closer to me as I settle down into the covers. I roll over, so I'm facing him and lean my head against his chest before sighing with content. I notice that he has entered sleep mode already. I bring a hand up to his neck and gently trace down it and across his collar bone. I frown thinking about tomorrow. I never thought I would get along with the Android let alone fal in lov-.... No, I won't say it.. I won't even think it. He's leaving me tomorrow. I try my best to bury my feelings but its kind of hard to when you're being held by the person you're trying to forget about. I swallow the lump forming in my throat, close my eyes and soon find myself asleep against the other.

When I wake up I'm surprised to find that Conan is still beside me. He's lying on his back, with me laying on his chest. His hand traces my shoulder as he stares off into space. I sit up and look at him.
"Good morning..." His eyes snap to mine and he breaks out into a smile "Good morning. Sleep well?" I nod sheepishly "It was actually the best nights sleep I've had in a long time.." He nods, sitting up. He swings his legs over the edge of the bed and stands up. He walks to the door and leaves silently. I stretch then get up and follow him. I walk into the kitchen to see him making me a cup of tea. As he waits for the kettle to boil, he turns and leans against the counter. I never noticed last night but his wound has completely healed. In its place sits a barely noticeable scar.
"I didn't know androids could scar.." He nods "Depending on how deep the wound is. I could technically get rid of it but then I wouldn't have a reminder..." I raise an eyebrow "Of being shot?" He chuckles "No, of you. It reminds me of all we've been through these past few weeks.." I feel my face heat up slightly. I clear my throat and sit at the table. He makes the tea and then decides to make me breakfast. As always, the breakfast was amazing. He changes while I'm eating. He washes up as I go and change aswell. I walk into the kitchen to see him drying his hands. He looks up and smiles. I sigh and ask
"Ready?" He nods and we depart for the station, neither of us prepared for whats about to happen.

Edited ✓