Chapter Eighteen ✓

|Rk900/Conans POV|

I really enjoyed the day I spent with Gavin, it was different but it was nice, besides that one guy. I'm preparing him dinner while he gets changed into some comfy clothes, as always. I stir the stew I put on a little while ago to make sure it's cooked but then I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist and Gavin rest his head against my back. I put the spoon down and slowly turn around. "Gavin... Are you okay?" He looks up at me "Of course I am. I'm just... Tomorrow... I don't know what to do..." I place my hands on his hips and rub them slightly, trying to calm him, "Well... I think we should lay low for a while..." He nods and rests his head against my shoulder. I bring my hand up to his back and hold him against me. "Dinner smells good." I rub his back, massaging it slightly with my hand, "It should be ready soon." My eyes widen slightly as he kisses my neck, a weird feeling in my stomach. He then lets go and goes into the living room, stretching as he walked away. I bring my fingers up to my neck and gently graze the spot where he kissed, smiling to myself. It felt... Nice, actually. I turn and continue to cook, humming a little to myself as I do so.

After the detective ate we decide to go to bed knowing that we have to get up early tomorrow. We climb into bed, pulling the covers over ourselves and snugging into them. He cuddles himself up to me and I wrap my arms around him, a normal thing for us at this point.
"Today, before we went to the park..." He draws random shapes on my chest wtih his finger "Yeah..?" "You said that you didn't care about what people thought about us but you never finished the sentence afterwards..." I watch as he furrows his eyesbrows in thought. Then, his face flushes and his eyes widen as he recalls that moment.
"What were you going to say?.." I mean, it obvious but.. I want to hear him say it. "I was... Going to say that...." He groans and hides his face in the crook of my neck. "Gavin?" He mumbles something I don't quite hear. "What?..."

|Gavin's POV|

I groan and hide my face in the crook of Conans neck.
"Gavin?" I mumble out the words "I love you.." mostly to myself. "What?..." I feel my heart beat speed up. I pull my face away from his neck and mumble as quietly as I can "I was... I was... Going to say... That... I love you.." I close my eyes. I've fucked up, haven't I? He's going to hate me like the others...
"Gavin, look at me." He utters. I open my eyes and look at him, subconsciously panicking. He caresses my cheek and smiles "I love you too." He says. My eyes widen and it feels like my heart has stopped. He... loves me?... I reach up and pull him towards me, pushing my lips against his, him tilting his head to deepen it more. I place my hand on his upper arm, run it up over his shoulder and up to his neck, cupping there. He places his hand on my side and traces the curve of my hip before running it down my thigh. His tongue slides along my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I hesitate for a moment but eventually part my lip the smallest bit for him. He pushes his tongue into my mouth and explores to his own pleasure, making me hum a little bit. I push my tongue against his and softly moan into the kiss. I slowly run my hand down his chest and stomach, feeling the dips and curves of his toned muscles. They really do make these things perfect, don't they? His hand travels up to the top of my shoulders then down to my lower back. I pull away and pant slightly while he continues to move his hand up and down my back. I lean up and kiss him again, once I catch my breath. He rolls back and pulls me onto all fours on top of him, his hands finding their way down the back of my thighs. I tangle my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer to deepen the kiss. His hands soon find their way up past my thighs and over my back side causing me to gasp slightly. Im slightly glad I'm wearing sweat pants otherwise an 'unwanted' feeling could arise, well, not that it hasn't. It's more so - he can't see it. I push my tongue against his roughly before he pulls away, making me puff out my cheeks a little bit in disappointment. I breathe heavy and run my fingers though his hair again. He pulls me down so I'm lying on top of him, sprawled out over his own body.
"As much as I want to continue this, it's best you get some rest or you'll be tired tomorrow." He kisses the top of my head. I still breathe deeply but snuggle down and soon fall asleep, keeping the male close to me as I fall into my slumber.

I get woken up at about eight the next morning by my lover, him gently shaking me. I open my eyes to see Conan sitting on the edge of the bed. He places a hand on my arm
"Good morning...I have breakfast ready for you." He leans down and kisses my forehead, making me smile and stretch before sitting up. I place a quick kiss on Conans cheek before we both get up and go into the kitchen. I sit at the table and tuck into my breakfast, it being amazing as always. "You have to teach me how to cook." Conan turns his head to look at me from his place at the sink "Of course. If you'd like." Once I'm finished I walk over and hand Conan the plate
"Thanks, Conan. It was amazing." He smiles before washing up the plate. We both then go and get changed. I speak as I pull my shirt on
"I'm not prepared for today. Eight hours without even being able to hug you... " He rolls his eyes "I'm sure you'll survive." He chuckles. We finish getting ready then walk into the hall. I go to open the door but Conan stops me. "I love you.." he says, giving me a quick kiss. "I love you too, Gavin." I smile. We depart the house and make our way to the station for another's day work.

Edited ✓