Chapter Fourteen ✓

Okay, this part contains violence and a slight bit of gore. I just thought I'd mention that. Enjoy!

|Rk900/Conans POV|

I see the detective close his eyes and make a pained face.
"Detective?" He gets up and smiles at me like nothing happened "Come on then, tin can." He mumbles. I follow him into the captains office. "Captain, we have the location of the gang and all it's members.." The captain shoots up "Get the SWAT team ready! We're moving out immediatly! If we have an android they'll know we're onto them. The quicker we move, the quicker we'll catch them!" We leave the office and prepare ourselves: we grab our guns and I make the detective put on a bullet proof vest. He tried to make me wear one but I insist I don't need one. We leave the station to see the SWAT team stading ready in front of four SWAT trucks and a couple of empty trucks for the gang when they're captured. The captain stands bedside up. He looks at the detective
"Go on then. Instruct them." He mumbles to him.  The detective steps forwards "We are about to track down one of Detroits most dangerous gangs. There are twenty members. I want everyone to be safe. No member is the leave the location of the gangs site. The directions are already on each trucks GPS. There will be different routes for diffrent trucks. Expect violence and be prepared. Shoot to kill only if nessicary. Gook luck! Move out!" All the SWAT teams of about fifty to sixty people begin piling into the trucks. Me and the detective climb into our car and begin our gourney to the gang site.

|Gavins POV|

I drive to the site and pull up a few meters away from the abandoned wearhouse. The trucks pulled up a bit further away than us to not allert anyone that we are here. The SWAT team spread out and creep around the building, covering all exits. Conan and I take the main enterance with about ten SWAT members. I nod to the door. Conan raises his leg and kicks in the door, gun raised. I follow him, my gun also raised, to see four people jump up off a couch.
"HANDS UP WHERE I CAN SEE THEM!" One of the SWAT members hollars. All of them raise their hands "DOWN ON YOUR KNEES!" Another memeber screams. I creep closer, gun prepared to shoot if needed. I grab one and cuff him. Conan and the SWAT members cuff the others. The members lead them outside.
"Detective.." Conan gestures to the stairs with his gun. I nod and I advance. We creep up the stairs. I peek over the banester to see the rest of the members prepared with guns, in cover behind a table turned in its side. I creep back down the stairs. "The rest of them are there. If we get some of the team to distract them by advancing from the roof, we may be able to get them.." One SWAT memebr nods and radios the other members that went around the building. We all hold our breath, hoping the plan will be able to happen. They radio back to tell us that there are already SWAT members advancing from the roof. "Okay, we'll wait here until we here them enter then we'll go up." I inform the rest.

It's now a waiting game. We all wait at the end of th stairs in silence. Then theres a crash. Gun fire. I nod and we all rush up the stair.
"DROP YOUR WEAPONS" I scream. A couple of the gang memebers turn around startled. They obviously weren't expecting us. Though, they were prepared and produced guns from the holsters under their jackets. I quickly dive and roll out of the way, but not quick enough. The bullet races past but catches my arm on the way, tearing my jacket and skin. I wince in pain but push it away and return the fire. My bullet rips through his shoulder causing him to topple back and yell in pain. Conan is also in cover, shooting. From what I can see, he's uninjured. The fight continues until "Alright! We surrender!"
"Drop all weapons and come out to where we can see you."
All the members stand up with their hands up and walk out, get on their knees and wait. All the SWAT memebr creep out from their hiding places and advance on them. Most of the members were cuffed when we suddenly hear a scream of pain. We ll turn to see a gang member driving a knife into the gut of a SWAT member, just under the bullet proof vest. Suddenly, a gun is fired and goes straight through his skull. He drops, now lifeless on the floor, a pool of blood beginning to form around him already... I close my eyes and face away from the body. "Are you alright, detective?!" I hear Conan ask as he gently lifts my arm to inspect my wound. "I'm Fine. Call the captain. I'll help them load up the guys."
Conan nods and disapears down the stairs. I grab one of the cuffed memebers and lead them outside to be loaded into a truck. I sigh as all the members are brought out and put into trucks. Conan soon returns to me
"He's extremly pleased! He said to return to the station. He gave me orders to transport the gang to a high security prison. We are to head back immeditly!" I nod. I pull off the bullet proof vest and thank god himself for that being a success.

We walk into the captain office after Conan bandaged up my arm.
"Good fucking job! I never thought it would work but goddamn it Reed you did fantastic!" I smile "I'm not the only one to thank, captain." I gesture to Conan and to come of the SWAT members that have just returned. "Oh, of course! I'm just saying Reed, that was an amazing job!" I nod. Conan cuts in with "The SWAT team also found the lab upstairs filled with Androids. We contacted Cyberlife before we got there and they're prepared for them all. They said send them in for deactivation as soon as we're ready." The captain nods "Thank you Rk900. You may leave." Conan nods and leaves the room. "Have you told it?" I sigh "No... I'll tell it tonight..." The captain nods. I leave the office and go to find Conan. He greets me by handing me a coffee "You're going to need it.." He chuckles. I smile at him "Thanks. Let's go home."

|Rk900s/Conans POV|

We arrive home and go inside. The detective goes straight into the livingroom and flops on the couch.
"Dinner detective?" I ask. He shakes his head "Actually Conan, I'm not hungry." I look at him in worry "Detective please tell me whats wrong..." I crouch down in front of him and place my hand in his knee. He makes a pained expression and looks at me. "Please..." I mumble, shuffling closer. "You... You..." He suddenly swallows hard as his stress levels rise 'Stress levels at 97%'  His eyes water and tears run down his cheeks. "Gavin? Please tell me!" I practically beg. He looks away and mumbles, almost inaudibly "You have to go back- back to Cyberlife for deactivation..." Half way through the sentece he lets out a sob. He brings a hand up to his face and covers his eyes as he lets out a shakey breath. My eyes widen... Deactivation?... I lean forwards and pull the detective off of the couch and into my arms. We sit there for a few minutes with the detective practically sobbing his soul out. He pulls back and looks at me. "You're... You're crying.." I bring a hand up to my face and wipe it. I look at my fingers to see a very light coloured thirium covering them. He reaches up and wipes away my tears. He rests a hand on my cheek. I'm leaving..?

Though, to my surprise, he gently pulls my face down to his and pushes his lips against mine. I tense but soon kiss him back. His lips are soft but slightly chapped, but damn it's a feeling I would have loved to have gotten used to... It was only a short, soft kiss, much to my own displeasure. He pulls back, stands up and disapears into his room leaving me confused with a pain in my chest.

Edited ✓