I eventually moved us to the bed, where he laid to calm down quietly with my hand grooming through his hair. It was a long journey with his weight and stumbling legs. Jungkook was slowly falling asleep under the affect of the alcohol I assume he had, murmuring here and there before going completely silent. I could only lay there with his body nearly crushing mine, as I stared at the ceiling, wishing I was somehow not so helpless. The air was cold as it dried the tears that stuck to his cheeks and my skin.

While he slept, I slipped out from under him and got off the bed. Getting our phones, I notified both Axl and Jun that neither of us would show up for work any time soon. It wasn't intentional for me to see Jungkook's notifications, but on top of the wallpaper that was a picture of me sleeping like a horse(which he refuses to get rid of), showed a message from someone telling him 'it's not safe for her. especially when you aren't around', 'take some time to think this through, don't make any impulsive decisions'

And then another message from someone I could identify as his mother, 'marriage is a risk for those in our business. think this through, son'

I try to ignore what I saw and placed our phones back on the nightstand. Turning back to check on Jungkook, I couldn't help but wonder what other burden he's been carrying behind my back. I'll ask about it when he's sober and clear in his head, that's for sure.

It's an hour or so later, when I climb back onto the bed, stroking his hair away from his forehead as I whispered the words, "Jungkook, I cooked some soup for you. You'll feel better after it." 

Jungkook stirred, then squinted to look at me. He jolts up with a sudden realization, "Aera, I-"

"It's okay," It's better to leave the explaining later. "Go downstairs for some soup first."

***

Jungkook was just about done with the hungover soup when I decided to ask, "Did you sleep at all last night?"

He shook his head honestly, "I had a couple beers downstairs after you fell asleep. I did go back to sleep though, not long."

That does explain how I woke up before him, and how we weren't sleeping together like usual. I had overlooked it and simply assumed he was just too tired from the mess of yesterday.

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?"

He puts the spoon down with a sigh, "I..I have a two week long business trip soon. It's for a contract that we've been working on since last year." I didn't expect this news, at all. But it was starting to connect with the messages I saw earlier this morning.

This is the worst possible time. We've just gotten engaged, and the internet's blown up with a huge load of lies about us that I'm still too afraid to hear. I cannot bear for us to be apart during this.

"But-"

"I know. I know." Jungkook buried his face in his hands.

"I can't postpone it. They've been planning my business trip there for months, the schedules and everything. I'll receive more backlash if I do."

"Then just take me with you," I spoke irrationally with a wobble to my voice. It sounded wrong the moment it left my lips.

"Aera..I won't have time to be with you even if you follow me. None of your friends will be there, you won't know anyone. We shouldn't leave your sister alone right now without a guardian either. It's not a safe time."