Seavey's Anatomy||Daniel Seavey

You sat outside your fathers hospital room, what felt like permanent tear stains on your cheeks as you sat there, a cup of cold coffee on the floor beside you, while you were staring into space. All you could think about was the last conversation you had with him, fighting over something you couldn't even remember at this point, but your last words rang in your head, the ones you regretted after slamming his front door.

Now here you were, 13 hours later. Your father still sleeping from a surgery, in which 'hadn't gone as well as they had hoped'. You couldn't wrap your head around it. How he was fine and standing one moment; then so sick and dying the next.

The white cup placed in front of your face took you out of thought, looking up to see the doctor with the beautiful eyes looking down at you.

"Thank you"You whispered as he took a seat next to you, the heart monitor beating in the background, every beep giving you hope that things would be okay; even if science was saying it wouldn't.

"As doctors sometimes we forget how it feels. We forget that while we are in the O.R, people are making themselves sick with nerves. We forget that after we do post-op, someone sits and waits for them to wake up. A few weeks ago I was where you are, so I don't forget"He told you softly as he watched you take a cup of coffee.

"What happen?" You asked, your voice crackling as you spoke, you had hardly been able to form words for the last few hours, this conversation was the most you had been able to keep.

"My mother passed out at the grocery store, they brought her here and they found out she had a tumour. Doctor Grey preformed the surgery and I sat the way you did, eyes bloodshot and heart racing, for a moment I wasn't a doctor or staff; I was just scared"

"Is she okay?"

"For the most part, she has to go through some chemo but the doctors here are the best you can find, I know she'll be okay"

"Are you trying to impress me?"You said with a smirk, for the first time in hours feeling like the whole weight of the word wasn't on your shoulder.

"What?No"He said, his cheeks tinting a light red before he took a second to look into your beautiful eyes.

"M-"Doctor Seavey's word were cut off by a steady beat from came from her fathers room.

"I need a crash cart!"Doctor Grey yelled as she ran into her fathers room, your heart stopping in your chest as you jumped up, running into his room as the brain surgeon and another doctor you didn't know were placing paddles on her fathers exposed chest.

"Oh my god, whats happening?"You asked, bringing your hand up to your mouth as you let up a sob, watching as one of them yelled clear.

"Get her out of her!"Grey yelled, but when Daniel tired to move you, you couldn't make your feet move on the floor, you just stood there, your breath hitched as you watched your father be shocked by the paddles.

"Seavey, get her out of here now!"She yelled again, this time Daniel didn't wait for you to move, he moved you out of the room, nurses shutting the door behind you and drawing the curtains, leaving you in the dark as you sobbed into a strangers chest.

-Three weeks later-

"Your going to walk a hole in the floor"Daniel smirked as he looked at you, pacing back and forth as you held the coffee cup in your hand. You looked at your watch again, the same way you did every five minutes, though it felt longer than that every time.

"You don't know me Daniel James Seavey" You said with sassy as you pressed the black coffee lid to your lips, triple triple, he remembered. You and Daniel had spent almost every waking moment together. When he wasn't in surgery or doing resident things, he was with you. You found comfort in him, a comfort you hadn't found in a long time.

"Oh really? You want to play that game Your/full/name?"He said, smirking as he used his elbows to lean against his thighs, his phone in his hands in-between his legs.

"Shh! I told you that in the strictest confidence!"You said, stopping in the middle of your steps to look at him with a 'angry' face.

"No, you told me your middle name when you were drunk across the street, which by the way I still think is funny"He told you with a laugh.

"Its gonna happen today, right?"You asked, flopping down In the seat next to him, laying your head on his shoulder; boundaries out the window.

"Today is the day"Daniel said, smiling at you like you made the word spin.

Both of you watched as the door opened and Doctor grey came out, her resting face turning into a smile as she gave you a nod.

"They found him a match. We are sending Wilson and Edwards to get the liver. Doctor Warren will get him prepped for surgery and he will be all ready when they arrive"Your heart felt happy as you jumped up, smiling like an idiot.

"Now, there is a chance that his body could reject the liver, there will be anti-rejection medication. It will be hard at first, recovery will be about two weeks before he can leave the hospital. But the liver is coming from a nondrinker, nonsmoker, there should be no reason why it would reject"

"Do I get to scrub in?"Daniel asked, his nerd for surgery coming out. You couldn't help but admit how cute he looked in his scrubs, like he could rule the world.

"Absolutely not. You get to sit and wait, in the waiting room, like all boyfriends of the family do, access badge"Grey said, sticking out her hand, making both of them blush. But Daniel didn't fight it, he knew that even if he was in surgery he would spend the whole time worrying about you, possibly even make a mistake, something he couldn't do to you.

"Yes Ma'am"He sighed as took off his access badge and gave it to her.

"Ill come get him when everything is ready"She said, placing her Grey face on as she watched away, her dirty blonde ponytail swinging back and forth.

"Im so fucking tired of waiting"You sighed, placing your head in your hands. Three weeks of waiting, of hoping for transplant calls that never happened, of surgeries and more routine tests, and follow up, and watching your dad get angry and cry. Your only saving grace was Daniel and you were worried that once you were gone; so was he.

"He's a fighter, internally and externally. He will kick ass, you know he will"Daniel said, brining his hand to your lower back and moving it to circler motions.

"I don't want you to disappear, after all this is done and he can go home"You whispered to him, doctors and visitors walking past you but it was like they all faded away.

"Funny, I was just going to say that maybe once all of this is said and done, we could go out for a nondrunk meal together"

"Are you saying drunk me isn't fun?"

"Im not saying that at all, but our first date will be amazing and I want you to remember it"Daniel said, both of your smiles matching each others.

"I think id like that"You told him, as your foreheads pressed together, only for a cough to break you two apart.

"Your fathers surgery went very well. He is going to be brought back to his room soon"Doctor Grey told you, a lovely girl named Wilson standing next to her, both of you jumping up as Wilson winked at both of you.

"When can I see him?"You asked, folding your hands together and leaning them close to your chest.

"Just a little while longer, I promise"Jo told you.

"And then no more waiting?"

"No more waiting"Doctor Grey confirmed, giving both of you a smile before they walked away.

You turned to Daniel, happy tears spilling from your eyes as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"No more waiting" You whispered,

"No more waiting"He whispered back before he placed his lips on yours, both of you smiling as you finally got what neither of you had the courage to do.

  _______________________
Seaveys Anatomy
_______________________

Follow me on insta!
@coffeemarais