He wont love you like I do||Part two

{Y'all asked for this:))}

Y/n sat on the couch, a bag already packed beside her as her whole body started shaking, she was going to go against everything her family wanted, everything Mark wanted. Y/n never liked hurting people, she never liked going against others wishes, she never liked doing something that would upset the balance of her life that she had daily planned.

But here she was, about to break off an engagement and run off to be with the boy she had loved since she was 17, the boy who had captured her whole heart and never given it back.

She knew she couldn't live the rest of her life a lie, she couldn't wake up and go to sleep next to a man she didn't love, she couldn't promise her life to a man she didn't see a future with. Even more so when the man she was in love with still loved her back.

She had spent everyday for the last four years silently missing Jack and regretting the day their relationship had ended and she refused to live the rest of her life that way when she knew that tonight she was given the chance to fix it all. To undo the last four years, to pretend that all the space had never happened. After tonight she would be home, she would be with Jack and that's all she needed to know to make her choice.

Y/n heard the door open, sighing she sat up straight, hearing the foot steps grow louder as he got closer.

"Honey? Why are you sitting in the dark?" Mark called out, turning on the lights to see you sitting on the cream couch he had picked out, tears streaming down your face.

You couldn't lie and say you didn't care about Mark, because you did. He had become your best friend over the last four years, but the love he had for you wasn't the same love you had for him and after four years of pretending that was okay you couldn't do it anymore.

"Come sit down" you smiled sadly, sniffling here and there. With a worried look on Marks face he sat down text to you, taking your hand in his, but you instantly pulled away.

"baby what's wrong" he asked, moving closer to you, trying to wrap his arms around you but you moved away, now standing up but looking him in his eyes.

"Mark, I love you, so much and I wouldn't have gotten through these last four years without you. But I don't love you the way you love me.I see the way you look at me and guilt eats me up inside. I don't see myself in the future you talk about. So with that being said, I can't marry you Mark" you whispered, taking the beautiful ring off your finger and placing it inside his hands before closing his hands around it.

"Y/n, I don't understand, I thought we were good?" He asked, standing up trying to pull you closer but you placed both hands on his chest, pushing yourself away.

"My heart still belongs to someone else Mark, it's not right to keep this going. I should have done this a long time ago but I kept telling myself one day I'd wake up and have all the feelings you feel. I tried so hard to make this work" you whispered again, feeling more hot tears roll down your face.

"Please don't do this" he whispered, tears coming from his eyes as well. You looked down at your shoes, knowing that absolutely nothing he could say would make you change your mind.

"I'm so sorry Mark" you whispered before picking up the big Nike gym bag full of clothes and walking out the door.

You had never been one to break rules no matter what it was, but tonight you broke many, speed limits being only one. No matter how fast you were driving the 30 minute drive to the boys house couldn't have gone slower, you wanted all of this to be over, you wanted Jack and that's it. You didn't want to think anymore, you didn't want to feel anything but his lips on yours, you wanted to make up for all the lost time the two of you had created. You wanted to be in love and free for the first time in four years.

Getting out of the car you ran to their door, pounding on it as if your life depended on it. Daniel ran to the door once he saw you, standing in the now pouring rain that had started on the drive over.

"Y/n, what are you doing here? It's almost 1 am-" he started to ask, pulling you inside before closing the door as you cut him off.

"Where's Jack, I need-" you had started, panic lacing through your whole voice.

"Y/n" your head snapped to the left, hearing his beautiful voice call your name. You ran to him, as fast as your short legs would carry you. He opened his arms, the biggest smile any of the boys had ever seen on his face as you jumped into his arms, wrapping your around his neck and head as he held you as close as possible.

Pulling away a little you looked into his eyes, neither of you exchanging a word before your lips touched his. Moving in sync it felt like the whole world had stopped.

"Well it's about fucking time" Daniel clapped, causing both of you to smile into the kiss.

Jack was your home, he was your safety net, he was your whole world and you had no idea how you made it so long without him.

That first night back with him had made you fall even more in love with him than ever before. You laid in each other's arms, talking and laughing about everything, sharing sweet and slow kisses, his hands running up and down your exposed body.

That night was the start to forever, the forever you had spent four years wishing for.

____
[Authors note]

This book is almost at 40k reads, HOLY SHIT!
You guys are so amazing and I can't thank you enough for all the support you give me on a daily. I love you all so much