From the ground up||Zach Herron

-SongFic|AU-

You and Zach stood in the middle of the dance floor, all eyes were on you as swayed back and fourth, nothing but happiness bubbled inside you as you found yourself getting lost in his eyes.

And we'll build this love from the ground up

You and Zach had met freshmen year of University. He was studying to be a Music teacher and you were studying Architectural Science. Lets get something straight, it wasn't a meet cute, your eyes didn't lock and you knew he was the one, you didn't get partnered up for a project and have sex on top of math homework. He bumped into you and you fell backwards into a garbage can, but then he felt so bad he almost cried, and at some point the anger turned into laughs and you talked all night long. You two were best friends for the next year of school, and then right before summer you two got drunk and you kissed him, thus something began to blossom.

And I'll be the man your dad hoped that I'd be
For worse or for better and I will be all you need,
Beside you I'll stand through the good and the bad

Then during your fourth and final year of university your grandpa got sick and you were absolutely heartbroken, but he refused to let you go through it alone, even when you yelled at him, even when you snapped over silly things, even when you tried to tell him that you needed a break- he never once left your side. You never cried a night alone, he never let you skip a meal, he helped you with homework and exam notes, and when it came time to say goodbye, he came with you. While you had gone to get him a drink of water, Zach had told your grandpa that you were the love of his life, and that one day he would like nothing more than to have his blessing to have your hand. He died knowing that Zach would take care of you the way he had hoped a man would.

Build our own familyOne day at a timeTen little toes, a painted pink room

You and Zach had spent hours upon hours talking about a family, the one you two would hopefully have one day. A boy and then a little girl, she'd have a big brother to protect her from anything and everything. You kept talking about the dream home you'd design for the two of you, and which colours would go where. You spent countless nights talking about the large family you'd have one day, how you'd be grandparents and have Sunday dinner once a week. How everyone would come, rain or shine, it wouldn't be an option.

Kiss you goodnight's and I love you's

As you two danced on your wedding day with the song playing in the background you couldn't help but remember all the nights you two had shared together, never a night was spent without saying 'I love you'. Neither of you ever let each other go to bed mad. Not every night was spent in each others arms anymore, you'd lay one way and he'd lay the other, but the comfort of having him next to you was all you needed, because for you, that was true love. Having him by your side everyday, was the truest love you could imagine. He had stayed through the good and bad, and now with the ring on your figure that meant he'd plan on staying until the day you died, and that was all you wanted- him.

Someday we'll wake up
With thousands of pictures

You were the type of person who took pictures of everything. You had at least 6 photo albums filled to the brim of you and Zach already. Parties first year. First date, first anniversary. The trips you've taken all around the world. Graduation day. Birthdays. Every moment with him was like the best moment of your life. You always believed the words 'a picture is worth a thousand words' because to you, that was true. Every time you looked through them, you could remember the conversation or the feeling or when you had one of those moments- the ones that told you he was the one.

And we'll build this love from the ground up

The love you and him shared wasn't something that had just happened, those love stories you had read weren't true, not in the least. Your honest, butterfly feeling love had taken work, trust, commitment. You two had built this, you had watched it grow as the two of you grew. It took making promises you wouldn't break, it took trust even if you didn't have it all to give. If you want something bad enough, you've got to work for it- and thats exactly what you two did. You didn't bail when shit got hard, you didn't walk out every fight, you two respected one another, you saw the flaws and loved each other anyway.

Today was your wedding day, today was the beginning of rest of your life. Today was showing the world the love you had built.

___
SO ITS SHORT BUT CUTE RIGHT?!
HAPPY TO BE BACK FAM
LOVE YA