Safe inside||Daniel Seavey

{Based on the song 'safe inside'}

"Will you call me and tell me your alright when you get there??" Daniel asked knowing he wouldn't sleep until she was safe inside , looking down at your daughter that was now 18 and leaving for university . He looked at the beautiful girl he had raised, she was 5'4 with blonde hair and blue eyes just like his, but when he looked at her he still saw so much of you-even after 18 years, he still saw bits and pieces of you in everything your daughter did.

"Yes dad, you know I will" she smiled as she placed her last bag into the car.

Daniel tired his best to fight back tears, he had watched your daughter grow up. She had changed right in front of his eyes. She had gone from a tiny little person to the girl who drove the streets late at night and went on days with some idiot named Dlyan- which Daniel had never been a fan of him and had gotten into a fight with your daughter about how she was dating to young, they didn't speak for three days after that and it killed him. If only you were there, you would have made everything better, you would have calmed him down for over reacting, but you were gone and Daniel was a single dad, he had been for 18 years but that had never stopped him from wishing you were here on days, especially a day like to day.

Daniel was trying to understand the fact that his hand wasn't the one she held anymore, she wasn't his little girl who needed a ride to soccer practice anymore, she wasn't his princess with the pink bedroom and the dress up closet. She wasn't his little girl anymore, she was a young adult, with a boyfriend and a job and university

But it was time to let go, she was older now.

Daniel knew that without your daughter he wouldn't have made it through the death of you, for 18 years his little girl kept him going and now he wasn't sure what he was going to do without her.

All the other boys stood beside him, Your daughter was the first why don't we baby, and none of them could believe the amazing girl she had grown up to be. 18 years seemed to go by in a blink of an eye and now they knew exactly how their parents felt when the moved to LA.

"Goodbye noodles, I'll miss you" she smiled, pulling the last uncle into a hug.

"Take care of him for me" she whispered into his ear and Jack knew just what she was talking about. Although she was only moving about an hour away and would be coming home all the time she still worried about his dad, he was still young and without her mom she worried that the death of you would finally break him the way he hadn't let it in 18 years.

"That's uncle noodles to you kid" he joked pulling away. She looked him in the eyes and Jack nodded, promising her without any words that her father would be okay.

"Dad" she smiled, walking up to him with a proud smile on her face.

"I'm so proud of you" he whispered, pulling her into a hug, he was refusing to cry in front of her, he had to hold on.

"Drive safe okay? I'll see you in two weeks and I want texts about everything!" He smiled as he pulled away.

"Thank you, for everything dad" she whispered, a tear rolling down her face.

"Hey don't you dare start crying" he smiled, wiping her tear away; just like he had done when she fell off her bike in the middle of the driveway when she was 6. He'd never forget that blood curdling scream she had let out once he had let go of the end of the seat, she made him get you ice cream after that.

"But dad, ice cream makes the wound heal faster"

"I'll call you when I get settled tonight" she smiled, kissing his cheek before she got into her car and put the keys in the ignition before sticking her head out once more and waving goodbye before driving down the driveway and before Daniel knew it his little girl was off, to start the next chapter of her life, the first one that didn't include him in it.

Daniel stood there for a minute as all the boys stood behind him.

"You coming inside buddy?" Jonah asked, patting his shoulder.

"Yeah I'll be right there, I just need a second" He said, all the other boys nodded- not that he could see them and then headed in.

Daniel felt tears rolling down his face as he looked at the spot your daughters car was once in.

"You were supposed to be here y/n, the deal was we did all of this together" he whispered, more tears collecting in his eyes.

For the first time in 18 years he walked into the house, the house he had once shared with you and the house he had once shared with your daughter, but this time he was alone without either of you and it was heartbreaking.

___
I might be taking a small break, I'm not in the best place right now, I might update tomorrow I might not, sometimes we aren't as strong as we think we are.