An Alfred Chapter! (2)

Start from the beginning

She continues. "I'm sure you don't, Alfred. Because if you did then you would have realized it a long time ago-"

"I... I do!" Alfred defends and but his mother doesn't look convinced. To be real, even Alfred himself.

"I... I've dated before..." Alfred says hesitantly, looking down at the floor. He hears a sigh from his mother. "Alfred, what you felt for them may just be curiosity but that's not what love is."

Alfred clenches his fist. "T-Then... What is it...?" Alfred asks, his voice laced in confusion and sadness.

His mother pulls him in for another hug and Alfred could only stand there. "You'll see, Alfred, you'll see."

***
(24 days/30 days)

As Alfred exits his house, his mind kept wandering.

"Maybe mom is right... M-Maybe... I don't know anything about love..." Alfred mumbles to himself and tightens his bomber jacket around him.

He shakes his head. "No! I shouldn't be distracted! Today's my da-- H-hang out... With Arthur..." Alfred corrects himself as he walks up the porch.

He breathes in a deep breath and smiles at the door.

"Knock Knock, Arthur! I'm here!" Alfred yells out, cheerfully knocking on the door.

"...no answer, huh?" Then he tries again, a bit louder this time.

This time he hears footsteps from behind and his excitement increases. "Hey, Arthur! Don't you remember we have a-"

The door opens and an angry Allistor glares at him. "The hell do you want, Jones?!?" Alfred flinches at the early morning bad vibes. "G-Good morning, Allistor! I was just here to pick up Arthur-"

"Why." Allistor cuts in and Alfred swallows. Man this guy is tough to impress. "W-Well... We both agreed on hanging out today at the mall..."

Alfred sees Allistor furrow his eyebrows. "But Arthur has fever."

Alfred could only stare at the red head infront of him.

F-Fever? No wonder Arthur was acting strange last night... But how come he didn't notice it? Man, he even had the whole day planned out-

"Just go home. It's better if you stay away." Allistor huffs and moves to close the door but Alfred instinctively stops it midway. "No! I want to see Arthur!"

Alfred could see the scowl on Allistor's face but Alfred maintains his ground. "I want to see how he is."

He sneers at Alfred. "Why should you? You never cared to even think about his feelings before. The fuck do you think you are?" Alfred's eyes widen, not saying anything else.

"So just go home and let the grown ups take care of this." He pushes Alfred away from the door.

"...I'd rather have Charlotte or Aaron take care of me." A voice cuts from the two.

"Allistor, let him in." Alfred's ears perk up and he pushes himself through the door, making Allistor fall back a little and his scowl deepens.

Alfred's eyes land on a messy haired, red cheeked, hazy green eyed, fluffly looking Arthur with a blanket around him.

Allistor walks up to Arthur. "You shouldn't stay out of bed!" He growls at Arthur but Arthur scowls back.

"Just let me talk to Alfred, Allistor." Arthur huffs and Allistor could only glare at his brother.

Alfred sees Allistor storm to the kitchen angrily, probably opening another bottle of something.

He hears a small sigh and Alfred's eyes land on Arthur, cheeks still red and eyes still hazy. "Sorry, Alfred... I was excited too about the date thing when I just couldn't get up..."