What I Like About You (chapter 21) plane ride

Narrator's POV:

Ashton, Michael, Luke, Calum, and the girls are all packed up and driving to the airport. Meanwhile on the drive, Ashton gets a little restless. Ashton, Denise, Michael and Hannah are in one car, and Luke, Molly, Calum and Jessica are in the other.

"Guys, I can't wait to finally get home and introduce Denise to my family!" He says with a smile, wrapping his arm loosely around her shoulder. "I'm really glad that things worked out for you two! You're absolutely adorable together!" Hannah smiles at them. "Thanks Hannah! I know my love life has been pretty chaotic for the past few months, but I think I finally know what I want. Denise is the best girl that's come into my life since my little sister was born!" He smiles, kissing Denise's cheek. "You're such a sweetie Ash, that's a huge compliment!" Denise says with a slight blush. "Guys, we're almost there! Please stop before I barf!" Michael laughs.

Ten minutes later they get to the airport, and go inside. "How long until our flight?" Molly asks. "I think at least an hour! We can go to the gift shop or something to pass time!" Jess smiles. "Um babe, I was kind of hoping we could get some alone time? Maybe we can go to the Starbucks and grab some coffee? I know my family will be all over us, and we won't get much time alone." Calum scratches the back of his head and smiles a little. "Aw, go you two! Go be cute!" Molly winks at them. Jess and Calum make their way to the Starbucks and the others go into a gift shop.

Michael and Hannah's POV:

"Michael, are you sure that your mom will approve of me? I'm a little nervous to tell you the truth.." Hannah says as she looks at some of the magnets on a display. "Babe, she will definitely approve of you! I know you told me not to but I've already sent her a few pictures of you and some of us together. She says that you're adorable!" He smirks and kisses her cheek. "Well thanks Mikey!" Hannah laughs a bit.

Hannah's POV:

I guess Michael could tell that I was a little uneasy about the situation, because he took my hand and we walked outside of the gift shop. "Babe, I'm serious. You have nothing to be nervous about, I promise! Would it make you feel better if I said that all of us are going on a camping trip? There are woods behind Ashton's mum's house, and Ashton brought up the idea! It'll be a lot of fun!" He smiled and wrapped me in a hug. "That'll be so much fun Mikey! That definitely helped with my nerves. But I know something else that would calm me down a little more.." I smirked at him, then pulled him closer to me, standing on my tip-toes. Our lips met and we kissed. Every time I kissed him I completely forgot what was happening in the world, I forgot where I was. All that I cared about was the way his soft lips felt against mine. "Hey, love birds! You're in public, stop sticking your tongues down each others throats!" We pulled away wide eyed as we came back to reality. We turned around and saw Molly and Luke standing there, Luke had his hand over his mouth to muffle his squeaky laugh. I was quite embarrassed. But it was worth it. "Oh, shut up Luke! You laugh like a girl!" Michael flipped him off, and I rolled my eyes playfully at him. We all went back inside the gift shop to look around some more.

"I think I wanna get these for my little brother and sister!" Ashton smiles, walking over to us. He had a plush teddy bear in one hand that said 'London' across its belly. In the other hand, he had one of those toy red phone booths. "Those are cute Ash! I also can't wait to meet your little brother and sister! They are so precious!" I smile. "Thanks Hannah! I really do miss them a lot. This holiday is just gonna be great for so many different reasons!" He chirped, happy as always. "I completely agree! My nerves are pretty much gone! I just can't wait to get there!" I smiled, snuggling into Michael's side.

-Calum's POV-

Our group of friends were all standing and talking to one another while I just observed. I really think this trip will be good bonding for all of us I mean Denise is now apart of our little family and it will be nice to get to know her more. It's hard to believe she transferred only a month ago but I'm glad she did cause not only is Hannah happier now that her childhood best friend is here but Denise makes Ash happy and he truly deserves all the happiness in the world.

I smiled to myself as I thought about how perfectly everyone fit. I have my beautiful girlfriend in my arms pressed against my chest. Her small frame fits perfectly between my larger arms. Mikey had his arm around Hannah's waist and she had her arms wrapped around his torso with her head resting on the side of his chest while they engaged in their own little conversation. Luke had his arm around Molly's shoulder and she held the hand that hung over. She played with the little L charm on her necklace involuntarily. Denise is shy and kind of awkward at times but Ashton makes sure he puts her at ease. He wrapped his arm around her waist and with his other hand he held her hand and kissed it every so often.

"Calum?" Jess pulled me out from my thoughts. "Hmm?" I smiled at my adorable girl. "Our flight is boarding. "Oh right sorry!" I made sure to grab Jess's and my bags and we all boarded the flight.

As we found our seats we were happy to realize we all sat close to each other. Jess took the window seat, then me, then Molly and then Luke in the isle seat. In front was Mikey at the window, then Hannah, then Denise, then Ash in the isle seat.

Jess and I watched out the window as the plane took off and as soon as we were up in the air I gave her a kiss. "You're adorable." I whispered in her ear. She shivered a little as I did so earning a chuckle from me. "Oh shut up." She's adorable when she rolls her eyes at me. "You're just mad cause I know what I do to you." I mumble with a grin on my face. She raises her middle finger at me with a smug little smirk. I take the hand she flipped me off with and intertwine or fingers then kiss the top of her hand. "By the way I know you know what I can do to you so I suggest you watch yourself." She whispered into my ear. I pull away looking at her with an eyebrow raised. "Is that so?" I test her. "Calum I'm warning you..." She smiled. "Don't give me that look you won't try anything." I playfully rolled my eyes and faced forward again. Seconds later I feel her small hand squeeze my thigh. Well shit I guess she wasn't bluffing.

-Jess's POV-

I move my hand up a little more on Calum's thigh as I look back out the window. "Jess..." He half whispers half moans. I give one last squeeze before I intertwine our hands again and rest my head on his shoulder and slowly drift into sleep.

I wake up a few hours later a little confused as to where I was. Calum had fallen asleep with his head on the pillow. For a while I just watched him sleep. I admired the little smile he had on his lips, the dark Lon eyelashes that brushed to top of his baby cheeks, the messiness of his dark wavy hair, and his incredibly defined jawline. He was so beautiful. Everything about him. I don't believe the saying "nobody's perfect" anymore because whenever I look at him, I see just how perfect he truly is.

I lightly run the tip of my index finger along the outline of his perfect full lips before I kiss his cheek and rest me head back on his shoulder, cuddling his arm, and falling back asleep with a smile on my face.