What I Like About You (Carnival) Ch. 7

-At the carnival, Calum's POV.- "Jess, would you like to ride the Farris wheel with me? I've never been on one before!" I said, looking at the tiny girl beside me. Every time her dark brown eyes peer at me my heart skips a beat. I get butterflies in my stomach, and I can't help but smile. I guess I'd gotten lost in thought, because soon she was snapping her fingers in my face. I laughed at her then put my arm around her, and we walked to the Ferris wheel. Ironically, we got behind Hannah and Michael in the line. They were both standing really close to one another, you can tell by their their body language that they're in love. Or something like that. "Hey guys!" Michael said and turned to us. Soon Hannah turned to us as well. "You two want to pair up with us? It'll be so romantic!" She smiled and her eyes became lighter, the thought of it making her eyes do this. Jessica chimed in. "Yes, we'd love that! Wouldn't we Cal?" She said with a smile, taking my hand in hers. "Yes, I agree! But I'm a little scared guys.." I frown, hoping Jess would do something, like kiss me to make sure I was okay, or hug me to comfort me. Instead, she just laughed. I was pretty disappointed. As we got onto the Farris wheel, Hannah and Michael sat in the seats across from us. They looked so in love, I was fucking jealous and a bit angry that Jess and I weren't like them. As the ride started, Jessica looked at me and intertwined our fingers, then rested her head on my shoulder as if to somewhat change my thoughts about our situation. I'm so confused, I just don't know what she wants. If she likes me.. I can't tell. I just sat back resting my head lightly on top of hers, trying to enjoy the ride.