Ch. 20: Part 2 of 2 - How Air Discovered Her Flames

Start from the beginning

"I'll tell you what!" I shouted. "Nobody ever believes me! They think I'm crazy! I tried to help them! And they're acting as if I'm some sort of freakshow that needs to be executed!"

"What are you—"

"The classroom was getting filled with these creepy floating black round things with little ears and a tail! I opened the windows and I tried to swipe them away and accidentally slapped some people then they go and think I'm unstable!"

"Tiny and floating with ears..." Asami whispered. "Coal tar... But how did you get hurt this bad..."

"You know that's the delinquent class!" I whined. "One kid took the razors out of his pencil sharpeners and threw them at me! They kicked and hit me! They asked if I were some type of demon, Asami!"

"Little one, you know that's not—"

"And they asked me if I was the daughter of Satan or something! And you know what I did?" Tears started trailing down my face. "Nothing! Because I dont know who my dad is!! Because you won't say anything about him! Not even little tiny things like you said about my mom!"

"Air, you shouldn't ask so much about your father..."

"Why not?!" I yelled. "I have a right to know!"

"That may be true," Asami said. "But trust me when I say you dont want to hear about your father."

"Yes I do!"

"I'm not telling you for your own good, Air!"

"No!" I shrieked. "Do you hate me that much that you won't tell me?!?!!"

"Air—"

"That you won't tell me about MY OWN FATHER? What is wrong with you!!? And then you go an tell me not to listen to what those kids say when they're accusing me of being the daughter of Satan?! Well what's if its true?! HUH?! WHAT IF ITS FUCKING TRUE?"

"SHUT UP!" She boomed loudly. "SATAN IS NOT YOUR FATHER!"

"THEN WHO IS??" I shouted just as loudly.

"You really wanna know?!?!?" Asami threatened, finally passed her breaking point. "Fine! Lucifer is your father, Air! Lucifer!"

My eyes widened. "YOU TOO! YOU'RE MAKING FUN OF ME TOO!! HOW CRUEL DO YOU HAVE TO BE?!"

"I'm not being cruel, Air!!! You wanna know how I can prove it?!?! Just take a fucking look at that trunk I keep in the attic! That'll be enough proof for you! Now dont you ever question me again!" Asami stormed out of the room.

Even Asami said it. I was filled with hot anger. I stomped into the hallway and looked up to see the string from the trap door that leads to the attic.

"Air?" Nay-Lee said as she came out of her bedroom. "Did something happen? I heard shouting."

Where were you ten seconds ago?! I thought angrily as my eyebrow twitched profusely. She... has no right... she has no right!

"Have you known this entire time?" I spat furiously. "That Lucifer was my dad?"

"Air..." Nay-Lee said. "I'm so sorry..."

"DON'T SORRY ME!" I shouted, jabbing an accusing finger at her. I heard the wall crack as my other fist slammed against it. "YOU'RE ALL PLAYING SOME SICK PRANK ON ME AND IT'S NOT FUNNY!! ISN'T IT ENOUGH FOR YOU GUYS TO SEE ME GO THROUGH HELL AT SCHOOL AND NOW THIS?!"

I pulled the string of the trap door and the door opened, stairs unfolding onto the floor.

"Air, please listen—"