413

Dave's Pov-

        I still missed Karkat but that didn't mean I was gonna be a downer on my best bro's birthday. Jade and I planned a surprise party for him. But we had to wait until after school to put the party into motion.

        I walked to John's house before heading to school. I was giving him part of his gift now and the rest at the party. I knocked on his door with my fingertips. He opened the door surprisingly fast. "Hey Dave!" Jeez, this kid was always perky. He probably got it from his sister. She always like that too. "Hey." I smirked as I pulled a mix tape, something I made for John's birthday, out of my pocket and flung it in the air. John watched as I continued to flick it into the air. He closed the door behind him and started walking down his driveway. "Whats that?" I followed behind him. "Oh this? Eh, it's just a little mix tape I made. With all my ironic beats on it." I flicked it in the air again. "That sounds cool." I nodded. "Yeah. I made it for someone. Someone who is turning 16 today." John giggled. "I wonder who that could be?" I handed him the tape. "Happy birthday dude." He smiled as he slipped the tape into the front pocket of his jeans. "Thanks Dave!" His eyes sparkled, normally when he got excited, which wasn't noticeable unless you were looking directly at him. I shrugged. "Don't mention it." He mocked punched me in the shoulder. "Whatever. You're the best."