"Did you really save my daughter?" Mom asked Erik.

"Uh, yes ma'am."

"In that case, thank you." She thanks him then turned to me. Here we go. "Since this is the first time you have ever done this sort of thing, and you're under a lot of stress with the whole moving thing, I'll let it slide. But if you ever do anything like this again, there will be consequences. Am I clear!"

"Yes, mom." I uttered.

"Goodnight, ma'am. Goodnight, Lindsay." Erik said with a small smile and wave.

"Goodnight, Erik." I muttered heading back to my house. When I got to my room, I dried off and changed then climbed into bed.

~~~~~

The next morning I took a quick shower, and put on black shorts, a white crop top that says 'Navy Pier' in bold navy blue lettering, and my black converse.

"Morning!" I greeted entering the kitchen.

"Morning, honey." Mom replied.

"Morning." Wade absentmindedly replies.

They're both drinking coffee at the table. I grab my coffee cup that says 'Keep Calm and drink coffee' and fill it up.

"Do you guys want eggs and bacon for breakfast?" I offer.

"That would be great honey."

I grab 6 eggs and a pack of bacon. I make the bacon first and then make the eggs. I split it up evenly onto three plates and put one in front of my mom and then Wade, and keep the last plate for myself. After we all eat and drink a few cups of coffee I clean off the table.

"Can I go shopping? I need new clothes." I requested.

"Yeah, of course." Wade dismissed.

"It's fine with me. Just be careful."

"Thanks! I'll be home for dinner." I gleam while grabbing my keys and grab my bag that has my wallet and phone.

When I get to the mall I go straight to Rue 21. I pick out slightly faded jean shorts and a navy blue crop top that's say 'keep calm and play music' in bold white letters. When I walk out of the changing room to get a better look someone walks up to me.

"That is super cute!" She exclaims.

"Thanks!"

"My name's Eliza, but everyone calls me Liz."

"I'm Lindsay, but everyone calls me Lindsay." We both start laughing.

"Are you new around here?"

"Yeah my mom and I moved here about 4 days ago." I answer.

"Cool! Where did you move from?" God, this girl has a lot of questions.

"Chicago, and no, not one of the suburbs. The actual city, close to Navy Pier."

"I've been there. But I bet it's amazing to actually live there."

"It was."

"So, anyway I'm sure it sucks being the new kid and all, so would you want to be friends?"

"Yeah, that'd be great!" I smile. "I should change out of this."

"Alright. Meet you at the shoes?"

"Kay, be there in a minute."

When I finish changing I go to the shoes and find Liz. We mess around and put on super high heels. After awhile I end up getting white Chuck Taylor's and the outfit I had tried on before coming here. Liz got the same thing just in the opposite colors. Black Chuck Taylor's, white crop top that say 'keep calm and play music' in bold navy blue letters, and dark blue jean shorts. We shopped for awhile then went to Gloria Jeans to get coffee.