PruHun, AusHun, PruAus, and SwissAus

*sighs* Now with this whole confusing branch of the ships.

I'll start off by saying that PruAus sucks. Don't even tell me otherwise. It's absolute sh*t. You want to know why? Because Prussia and Austria haaaaaate each other (plus it's incest). To all of you tsundere shipper people out there, it's not tsundere (unlike SwissAus, which I'll get into later). They straight up hate each other! Not only is it portrayed that way in the anime, but also in history itself. There were literally two wars where they were on the same side - WWI and the Napoleonic Wars. After those two wars, they basically spent the rest of their time hating each other.

I've heard people saying that Prussia dislikes Austria in the anime/manga since Austria took Hungary away from him, which I think makes sense. It's even in the basic wiki that it's possible that Prussia has/had unrequited feelings for Hungary. No hours of internet surfing required. It would certainly make some things simpler, though. Prussia hates Austria? Check. Prussia likes Hungary? Check. Lesson? Don't ship PruAus. Now let's move on before I explode in shipping anger.

Okay, to AusHun. Historically speaking, it makes sense. Canonically speaking, it makes sense. Hungary and Austria were united since 1400 something under the Hapsburg crown. In the anime/manga, Hungary and Austria used to be married. Basically, they've been together for a long time. In fact, some people say that Hungary and Austria still have feelings for each other, which I think is true, just focusing on social cues in the anime. And I can't deny that AusHun is cute. I really can't. But despite all this quickly mounting evidence, I somehow cannot get myself to ship AusHun. Mostly because I ship them both with other people.

Now, PruHun. I know, I know, I know. There's literally zero historical reason to ship PruHun. But in the anime? There's dozens of cute little things that happen between Prussia and Hungary. I think that's what really got me to ship PruHun in the end. It's always the things in the anime that matter more to me than the historical side. Side note: am I the only person ever who ships PruHun and PruCan at the same time? I really can't decide between them. Okay now back on topic. I mean, Prussia and Hungary are childhood friends! Do you see Austria and Hungary being childhood friends?!? No! Austria was probably too busy playing the piano to be awesome with Hungary and Prussia, and only paid attention to Hungary once she became older. The whole "childhood friends" thing is just something I cannot resist. Plus all those cute-but-embarrassing PruHun moments that made me laugh out loud - when Prussia finally found out that Hungary was a girl, that whole thing with the crotch cloth, and everything in between. Yes, AusHun is cute. But PruHun is cuter.

And now for the honorable mention - SwissAus. I love SwissAus. Unlike PruAus *glares* it's actually tsundere! And it's adorable! Switzerland and Austria are childhood friends as well. And as you know by now, I can't resist childhood friends. I MEAN LOOK AT THIS, PEOPLE:

 I MEAN LOOK AT THIS, PEOPLE:

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

LOOK AT THEM. LOOK AT HOW AUSTRIA IS HAPPY (and honestly looks a teensy bit like Italy lol). LOOK AT HOW SWITZERLAND IS NOT TRYING TO KILL AUSTRIA. ALSO THEY'RE BOTH F*KIN BLUSHING! LOOK AT IT! Tell me that this isn't adorable. Go on, do it! Oh that's right, you can't. And as if that wasn't enough to turn you into a SwissAus worshipper, the ship appeared in more than one episode! And in Hetalia, that means it's practically meant to be.

In case you don't remember/haven't watched them, here's a breakdown. In one episode, Austria got beat up by someone and Switzerland saved him, THEN CARRIED HIM PIGGY-BACK STYLE!!!! And in another episode (this time when they grew up), Austria was spending lots of money on cheese then saw Switzerland with Liechtenstein and invited them to lunch. Yes, maybe there wasn't as much ship action in this episode, but it was still just the two of them (and Liechtenstein) having lunch. And, by the way, I love Liechtenstein. She's adorable. But why could she had not just stayed home in that episode. C'mon, animators. Y you do dis.

Second honorable mention which I didn't want to put in the title because it's like ten sentences: PruCan. I also love PruCan. Now, while there is also no historical reason to ship them, it's just... adorable. Plus, I once heard that Prussia never forgot Canada and never mistook him for America. Which means that, in my head, it's meant to be. And I love the whole opposites-but-not-really thing. While Prussia and Canada seem to be polar opposites, they're actually not! Prussia isn't a real country anymore and therefore isn't taken seriously. Canada isn't noticed even though he is a country. They understand each other! And if that isn't enough reason to ship them... well, I'll still ship them.

(i have so many PruCan images that it took me literally ten minutes to choose one)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(i have so many PruCan images that it took me literally ten minutes to choose one)

PruAus: 1/10 (only because I read Of Ponies and Edelweiss and it was pretty good)

AusHun: 6/10

PruHun: 8/10

SwissAus: 10/10

PruCan: 10/10